Disappearing apps... How do we complain to Verizon Wireless or Motorola?

jstwondrng

Reaction score
All,

I've tried locating a section on both the VZ wireless and Motorola websites concerning issues with the Droid Bionic, specifically the disappearing apps issue. Does anyone know how to do this? Is there a way for a bunch of us to get together and report major issues found? This way, maybe, they will be inclined to work on an update.

jstwondrng

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon Wireless and Motorola both have a community forum, much like this one.

DROID BIONIC by Motorola - Verizon Wireless Community
https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid_bionic?view=discussions

If you browse through them, there might already be threads related to your issue. I am experiencing the same thing, but I think it's a software issue that will require a fix to the launcher app. I am pretty sure both Verizon and Motorola are aware of the issue and are looking into it, since it's a very common problem and likely related to the new way they partition the device (internal phone memory=/sdcard; sdcard=/sdcard-ext)

NinaBelle

Reaction score
I was told NOT to save apps to
SD card...I removed all apps from SD card storage and haven't had another problem. I'm not sure it's really a software issue bc it doesn't seem like the phone holds the card very securely anyway...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was told NOT to save apps to
SD card...I removed all apps from SD card storage and haven't had another problem. I'm not sure it's really a software issue bc it doesn't seem like the phone holds the card very securely anyway...

No, i'm pretty convinced it's a software issue. Mostly due to the fact that a typical Android device does NOT treat the entire SD card as an SD-EXT partition.

Plus, there is some weirdness with the way the internal phone storage and sd card mount to the PC in USB mass storage mode. This points to a software issue, as I should not have to reboot my phone to get my PC to recognize the SD card media in USB storage mode. If it were simply a case of the sd card being loose, a reboot wouldn't fix this particular issue 100% of the time.

It's common for software issues to cause storage problems. When Windows Phone 7 devices first launched, you couldn't use the SD card at all. And it wasn't even user replaceable.

NinaBelle

Reaction score
Just a question, but with about 4gb of internal storage, why would you move apps to sd?

Because every time I want to get a new app, it tells me I don't have enough storage space...I mean, 4GB is good, but it's not goods enough to eliminate the need for external storage like am SD card.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Because every time I want to get a new app, it tells me I don't have enough storage space...I mean, 4GB is good, but it's not goods enough to eliminate the need for external storage like am SD card.

Seriously doubt you are anywhere near filling up the 4gig. That message you are getting is another known issue. Try reinstalling and it should install fine.

I've got about 50 apps installed and still have 3.3gigs free.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

When you get that message, just redo the download and it'll go through the second time (at least that's been my experience).

Good luck.

NinaBelle

Reaction score
When you get that message, just redo the download and it'll go through the second time (at least that's been my experience).

Good luck.

I've tried that, but until I delete other apps, I can't download it.

And I just checked, and I have roughly 3GB of storage left...but I still think it's crazy that we can't store apps on an SD card they included with the device.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I've tried that, but until I delete other apps, I can't download it.

And I just checked, and I have roughly 3GB of storage left...but I still think it's crazy that we can't store apps on an SD card they included with the device.

You will be able to, when they send out an update. Until then, no reason to use it. What app are you trying to install?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
No, i'm pretty convinced it's a software issue. Mostly due to the fact that a typical Android device does NOT treat the entire SD card as an SD-EXT partition.

Plus, there is some weirdness with the way the internal phone storage and sd card mount to the PC in USB mass storage mode. This points to a software issue, as I should not have to reboot my phone to get my PC to recognize the SD card media in USB storage mode. If it were simply a case of the sd card being loose, a reboot wouldn't fix this particular issue 100% of the time.

It's common for software issues to cause storage problems. When Windows Phone 7 devices first launched, you couldn't use the SD card at all. And it wasn't even user replaceable.

Didn't the Incredible 1 have an internal SD card?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
I called VZW tech and asked about this and they said that both they and Moto are aware of this issue and they are expecting a software update around November to fix this. I like having most of my apps on the SD card just to keep the phone free so I can download and check apps that I might not want to keep plus I'll leave some on the phone that don't play well when their pushed to the SD card. The strangest thing is the only app that I consistently loose is Droid Forums. Not trying be funny but every time I shut down and repower the Bionic I loose the DF icon and have to replace it to the cherished spot on my home screen, just next to the one touch dial for my wife! LOL Any idea why that happens or how to fix it?

Last edited:

chowyenfats

Reaction score
I rebooted my phone and it fixed the problem.

akhi216

Reaction score
I believe that it's a problem with Android in general as I've had the problem since apps to SD was enabled on the mother of all Android phones, the G1, thus moving apps to Phone instead of Media Area/SD card should solve the problem.

The thing to remember here is that some apps install to Media Area by default, so check Media Area to make sure that the apps aren't installed there even if you previously made sure that no apps are installed there to be on the safe side.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums