Disappearing Apps...Anyone else?

nibblit

Reaction score
I've noticed my apps (ie Browser, Sleep and Relax, Cnet...ect) will disappear. Has anyone else had this issue? D2 uninstalls apps intermittently?

Sent from my marginally bricked D2. /me kids

rickt1152

Reaction score
Are you sure they're gone as opposed to them being installed on your SD card? Sometimes apps installed on SD card will not show up following a reboot.

OP
N

nibblit

Reaction score
Are you sure they're gone as opposed to them being installed on your SD card? Sometimes apps installed on SD card will not show up following a reboot.

Brilliant assessment! Thank you!

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

David5950

Reaction score
Disappearing Apps

I have had the same problem - intermittently. It seems to be most common with Google Earth and Google Sky, as well as World Newspapers. But some others have been affected also. When I go to the Applications area of Settings, the apps show as installed, but the icons are GONE! The only fix I've found is to uninstall the app, then install it again - it will reappear and work fine, at least for a while. Verizon folks say they have never heard of this happening, just as they are doing for some other problems I'm having, like intermittent screen shut-down and lock-up.

Lizzard

Reaction score
Apps on homescreen gone

My apps disappear only from the homescreen. They are still installed and I can access them if I go into the apps menu, but I'm unsure as to why they've left the home.

Sorry, this doesn't help much, but it definitely seems like a problem that's recurring in a number of different ways.