disappearing icons on home screen?

Anomander

Reaction score
has anyone had their icons on their homescreens disappear? I just had mine disappear when I brought my droid out of sleep mode. A simple reboot fixes the problem. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

irishdroid

Reaction score
I started having that problem this morning. I took my Droid off the docking/charging station and icons were gone, reboot and they were back. Then after taking it off the verizon car gps mode dock, did it again, reboot and all was well. Just for fun I pulled it off the charging station just now and it was fine. Not sure wht s causing it

jamsesh

Reaction score
I've had that happen twice now. Haven't been able to recreate the problem or narrow down what's causing it :(

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
I think in my case I have an App called Andchat (IRC client) that is causing my icons to disappear. Funny thing is when I close Andchat the icons disappear. I believe they stay up while the program is running. I'll experiment with that later to check.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I had a G1 since its launch day and then switched to a Droid on its launch day. This has happened to me on both phones - it's an Android issue.

Master Yun

Reaction score
Ugh!~ This happened to me three times already! Does anyone know why it does this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That would be frustrating. I've not had any problems and I been on and off of the phone all day.

What rom are you folks running?

Mike

gloster

Reaction score
This is happening to me. I have a standard unrooted Droid. I don't remember it happening prior to about a week ago. It's happening often enough now to be annoying.

Master Yun

Reaction score
Same here... Unrooted. So far icons disappeared on me several times and it happened to me when I last posted. :( Not sure what's causing it... Might be a new app I downloaded but I only download apps on the market.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a few threads here on this. The icons come back after a reboot or putting the phone into sleep mode, locking the screen. Last time it happened I prayed it would stay that way and got to a Verizon store where it was confirmed. They had seen it and asked where I got my wallpaper. The rep said some lines of thought were that the icons were behind the wallpaper. Don't know if she was pulling my leg but I suppose you could try swapping wallpaper as a test. The first time they vanished I remade them. A day later I had two sets, one on top of the other. You can't do that on purpose.

edit: this is on a phone that's never been rooted

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here... Unrooted. So far icons disappeared on me several times and it happened to me when I last posted. :( Not sure what's causing it... Might be a new app I downloaded but I only download apps on the market.

I would remove any app that you recently downloaded to see if that resolves you problem.

Mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll add that I had an app, beach wallpapers, or something like that. It is possible, not confirmed though, that this might have been the cause. Between me no longer using that and using self made wallpapers and the verizon store rep suggesting wallpaper, and the fact it hasn't happened in weeks means it could be. Is your wallpaper from an app or just an image you set as wallpaper?

The tech in me says, "how could it be the wallpaper?!?"

Master Yun

Reaction score
The wall paper is from Mabilo Wallpapers... I doubt it's the wallpaper because I've used the standard wallpaper and it happened too. If it happens again I'll try uninstalling that program.

gloster

Reaction score
I am using one of the standard wallpapers and have had the issue.

cpinto

Reaction score
has anyone had their icons on their homescreens disappear? I just had mine disappear when I brought my droid out of sleep mode. A simple reboot fixes the problem. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

Think of your home screen as an APP called "HOME". Something is either conflicting with the HOME APP, or shutting it down. Sometimes it will reload itself, sometimes it will not. ---- The result is blank home screens.