Exchange settings / account disappears

brandontownsend

Reaction score
My email is currently running through a hosted exchange server (2003). I've experienced an issue several times where all of my exchange settings and emails disappear from my phone. I have to re-enter all of the exchange settings and redownload all of my emails. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and can provide any advice.

Thanks,
Brandon

nagchampa

Reaction score
Yep. It has happened to me twice in a month. I expected glitches when I got the phone being that it is so new, so I'm more intrigued than upset. I have found no real explanation for it though. At least it only takes about 30 seconds to set the account back up.

Droidesq

Reaction score
This has happened to me about six times on three different Droids. It happened today on a replacement Droid I received yesterday. Hopefully, if enough people complain to Verizon and ask for replacement phones, it will get fixed.

OP
B

brandontownsend

Reaction score
just want to confirm

you guys are on an enterprise email server? do you know if it's exchange 2003 or 2007? I'm working on 2003

Thanks again,
Brandon

OP
B

brandontownsend

Reaction score
After reading through those other posts in the Motorola support forum, I'm fairly confident this is going to continue to be an issue, at least until Verizon and Moto figure out who's fault it really is. Oh well, gonna try to deal with having to re-enter my email info for now, but may end up going back to the old reliable BB, at least for business emails....makes me a little sad, I'm not gonna lie :-(

Brandon

OP
B

brandontownsend

Reaction score
Update from Verizon

OK, just wanted to update one more thing. I did speak to a Verizon Rep about this issue, and although they haven't experienced it (which I find REALLY hard to believe), they have acknowledged it as an issue and will have a fix for it soon.

From Verizon Rep (name withheld):

[FONT=&quot]From my understanding from my data mgr, it is being addressed and they will role out a manual release to fix it. will let you know when it happens. I personally have not experienced this issue though.[/FONT]

Tekmazter

Reaction score
NitroDesk's Touchdown app had the same problem until the 5.1 update which came out on the 1st. Perhaps there's a link here considering both apps run on Android 2.x.

NitroDesk has managed to fix this issue with their app and quite frankly it BLOWS away the native Exchange app. It's a hefty $19.99 right now, but well worth every penny.

I'm surprised you're hearing from VZ that they haven't seen this happen.

OP
B

brandontownsend

Reaction score
Yes, I was also VERY surprised. I guess this all comes down to the fact that most Android users are not on an exchange server. I'll definitely check out that other app.

Thanks for the tips!
Brandon

OP
B

brandontownsend

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, the Touchdown app is fantastic so far. Haven't purchased yet, gonna give it the 5 day trial.