Disable stock messaging prevents mms

Abaddon

Reaction score
I just recently realized that you cannot receive mms messages if you disable the stock messaging app. I think it's because it has the option of auto retrieving those messages. Anyone else have this issue? It's a bit annoying because disabling the stock app is the only way I know of to get a third party shortcut on the lock screen. Oh well, I can live with it as long as I get my messages.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Abaddon said:
I just recently realized that you cannot receive mms messages if you disable the stock messaging app. I think it's because it has the option of auto retrieving those messages. Anyone else have this issue? It's a bit annoying because disabling the stock app is the only way I know of to get a third party shortcut on the lock screen. Oh well, I can live with it as long as I get my messages.

I just had the same problem. Are you using go sms by chance? Under the settings on go SMS go down to "important tips" and check the box that is for stock sms disabled. Took care of the problem for me

OP
A

Abaddon

Reaction score
I just had the same problem. Are you using go sms by chance? Under the settings on go SMS go down to "important tips" and check the box that is for stock sms disabled. Took care of the problem for me

Awesome tip, thanks!