No MMS?

the_krusatyr

Reaction score
So, after the original problem with plain SMS fixed itself, I have now discovered that friends and family have been attempting to send me pictures, yet they won't come through to my phone. I haven't had a single MMS delivered to me since the ICS update...
For example, I'm using GO SMS Pro. Not sure if it's just a problem with this app specifically, but I've tried a few other things...
I had disabled the default texting app originally, thank God for that part of the update, so I could use a different app (Originally had Handcent, settled on GO SMS Pro). In the MMS settings of GO SMS Pro, it says that if there are problems with MMS, to go to the stock MMS app's settings and enable MMS auto-retrieve... So I enabled the stock app and checked the settings, auto-retrieve was indeed enabled. And all the sudden, both texting apps stopped responding and froze up, force closing before loading my conversations... I disabled the stock texting app again, hard reset my phone, and my GO SMS Pro started functioning properly again (aside from the MMS issue).
I'm at a loss, no idea what to do to convince my not-so-smart smartphone with ICS to retrieve the damn MMS.
Has anyone else had this problem? Please point me in the direction of a current thread if I happened to miss it while trying to search the forums, and I'll delete this thread...
It's getting quite annoying getting a random plain SMS saying "check out this awesome thing!" and wondering what the hell was supposed to be sent. Any and all suggestions will be attempted and greatly appreciated.

OP
T

the_krusatyr

Reaction score
Hmm... I nervous to go back to the stock app, seeing as how as soon as I enabled it, both GO SMS Pro and the stock app failed to load and forced closed :/