ding!

ggale

Reaction score
Need help, and DROID maxx. It gives a soft two tone ding several times an hour, and yet nothing on the screen. Checked all my friends. notifications and nothing. Any ideas what it is?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does it happen when the device is charging? If so try going into system settings, sounds, scroll down and turn off the notification for it being fully charged.

If its not that.. did it just start happening? The more you can tell us, the better we can help :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, welcome to the droid forums :)

OP
G

ggale

Reaction score
Thanks. It happens randomly, and on or off charge. There is no notification associated with with it and the sound made is not any of the tones available. Began to happen a few days after I got the phone.

OP
G

ggale

Reaction score
Found it. As I suspected it was an app, yahoo mail, which had its own notification tone, and was checked. Thanks again.

OP
G

ggale

Reaction score
Lol. I have used yahoo mail for years. Also have Gmail but more comfortable with yahoo. U know, I comfort zone and all:). It was only while it was on, like any checked notification. Just that the app had its own sound list, and which is why I had trouble finding the source.