Silence camera sounds?

scott2449

Reaction score
True Silence

I wrote a free app to deal with this problem. Just install it and put the widget on your home screen. You can tap it to turn ALL sounds off on any android phone. Then tap it again to restore to your original settings. Simple and FREE! Let me know what you think or if you have any problems:

True Silence

chart

bjelk99

Reaction score
I wrote a free app to deal with this problem. Just install it and put the widget on your home screen. You can tap it to turn ALL sounds off on any android phone. Then tap it again to restore to your original settings. Simple and FREE! Let me know what you think or if you have any problems:

True Silence

chart
Quick question, first of all, great work. Does what it should do.

However, why doesn't this app show up in my downloaded apps location? To add it to my desktop I had to long press on an empty slot to access the "Add to Home Screen" menu, then selected "Android widgets" to find it. I am very new to smartphones and the Droid, just wondering if it is because it is considered a widget and not necassarily an app.

Just curious,

Droid 2 owner

swiftrobber

Reaction score
**EDIT: This post refers to a mod which activates an unused menu option to switch off the shutter sound. Other sounds in the camera app will still be present. Thought I'd clarify this in case of any confusion.
smile.gif

Just in case anyone else wants to do this (I think this would be the 'correct' method of applying this fix as opposed to removing the sound file or muting your phone!), then here is a little guide.

Root access required of course, and I used Root Explorer to do the following:
  1. In Root Explorer, navigate to the following location:

/system/csc and look for a file called 'others.xml'.
  2. Long-press on this file and select 'Open With', and then select 'Text Editor'.
  3. Scroll all of the way to the end and look for the following:

</FeatureSet>
    </SamsungMobileFeauture>
  4. Insert the following line just before the </FeatureSet> code.
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
  5. Then pressing the 'Back' button will automatically save the file and back-up the original in the folder.
  6. Restart your phone.
  7. Now when you go into the camera, tap on the settings, so you get camera settings, video settings, and the general settings in a pop-up, press the settings icon/tab and scroll down and you can now select to toggle the sound on/off (second-last option).

Thanks to all above for guiding me to this little fix, it takes no time at all to apply. The camera sound was annoying me a bit and was surprised to see it wasn't a supplied function.

To revert, simply go back to the file you edited, delete it, then remove the '.bak' from the backed-up file.

cool.gif

And all credit to the original Dev. for the code for this mod, at this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2162906
s5sAsObW

PHONE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 - GT-I9505 (UK)
ROM: UK Stock I9505XXUFNB8 4.4.2 - De-rooted/reflashed stock/upgraded to latest release to retain 'Official' device status & Knox 0x0.
Memory Card: SAMSUNG 64GB microSDXC PRO
NETWORK: T-Mobile (UK) - (non-LTE)

If I have helped you or you like my response, please let me know by clicking my 'Thanks' button!

tongue.gif
--- hello!

from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2290201