Did my only little scratch test and WOW IS THIS PHONE A ROCK

maniaryan

Reaction score
After i swapped out one nexus for another at best buy (hardware issue) they were convinced it was gorilla glass. I knew it wasn't but it's just as strong, i saw a key test on youtube and no scratches. Needless to say they gave me my old nexus that they're just going to send back to Samsung anyway and let me have at it with my keys. I laid INTO this thing, much harder than you ever would try to purposely scratch a $700 + device. NOTHING HAPPENED, and i was going at it for a good 30 seconds. very impressed samsung!

motorider

Reaction score
That's awesome. But I'm not testing my nexus. I'll take ur word for it. Drops are my main concern

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
After i swapped out one nexus for another at best buy (hardware issue) they were convinced it was gorilla glass. I knew it wasn't but it's just as strong, i saw a key test on youtube and no scratches. Needless to say they gave me my old nexus that they're just going to send back to Samsung anyway and let me have at it with my keys. I laid INTO this thing, much harder than you ever would try to purposely scratch a $700 + device. NOTHING HAPPENED, and i was going at it for a good 30 seconds. very impressed samsung!

Ouch! :D I believe you man... not trying... lol

Note: I have a screen protector and I'm keeping it for now anyway... lol

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man I bet that felt awesome laying into the screen and seeing nothing happen lol. Would make me feel a lot better about not having a screen protector on mine.

xxpigxx

Reaction score
Drops are my main concern

I already accidentally dropped mine.

Off my desk onto a ceramic tile floor.

Only thing that happened was that a few of the battery cover tabs popped open. Pushed 'em closed again, and good to go.

Thank god. lol

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already accidentally dropped mine.

Off my desk onto a ceramic tile floor.

Only thing that happened was that a few of the battery cover tabs popped open. Pushed 'em closed again, and good to go.

Thank god. lol

Wow, I would have had a heart attack, although I did get insurance this time. I went to the movies with some friends last night and this girl with an Iphone asked if she could just hold my Nexus and I said no lol. Don't trust women with my tech=P

captdroid

Reaction score
Wow, I would have had a heart attack, although I did get insurance this time. I went to the movies with some friends last night and this girl with an Iphone asked if she could just hold my Nexus and I said no lol. Don't trust women with my tech=P

Man she wanted to hold your "Nexus" and you would not let her... she wasn't attractive or what? lol :)

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Let a girl with a diamond ring play with the phone for a bit... Scratches guaranteed. ;)

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

wickedkae

Reaction score
this will be the 1st phone i go without a screen protector. Glad to hear this news. I put on a skinomi but it just didn't have the same clean look as the naked screen.