Did I find an ICS bug?

khenning2

Reaction score
My phone finally did the ICS update last night-Metro Atlanta. After a factory reset, I was reconfiguring it, and stumbled onto the 'power options' thingy. So I dragged it onto a home screen, and tapped the a icon. BLACK SCREEN. Aw crap, I thought I bricked it. I pulled over and saw that in the dark I could see a little something. Got to where I was going and went into the bathroom(lights off), could see the screen. Tapped system settings, display, auto brightness was OFF...? I turned it on, went back to airplane mode, did same damn thing. This can't be intentional---can it?

Papa_T

Reaction score
There is a brightness icon on the power widget that will all but turn you screen black. The icon is a toggle to set your screen brightness between bright, automatic, medium and very low.

But don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing you did and that's how I discovered what it was. :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its just how they have it set up on ics.. its not cool.. but that's how it is. That's what it will look like when its on auto..

There's half, full, auto, and full dark.. those are your options there.

Or you can go into system settings and adjust it through display.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think he interpreted the A for Airplane Mode.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk.. but I don't like the way the power control widget works now either. :rolleyes:

OP
K

khenning2

Reaction score
FoxKat's right, I did think it was airplane. Well, that's where it used to be. So where the heck is it now? BTW the thing benchmarked 6290-stock not rooted.

Thanks guys. :hail:

Exalted911

Reaction score
FoxKat's right, I did think it was airplane. Well, that's where it used to be. So where the heck is it now? BTW the thing benchmarked 6290-stock not rooted.

Thanks guys. :hail:

On the lock screen, press and hold power button for a sec or 2 and you will see the option for airplane mode.