RAZR loaded ICS now its a soup sandwich

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by meotchh, Aug 2, 2012.

1. meotchh

meotchh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Title says it all.

Since I loaded ICS:
    1. Texting became a pain again. If I want to go to a recipient & delete messages I can no longer select multiple messages to delete. It has gone back to delete one or delete all.
    2. GPS goes back-n-forth between the old voice & the new voice.
    3. GPS voice goes from normal speed voice to suuuuuppppppeeeerrrrr sllllllloooooowwww to super fast & back to normal at random intervals.
    4. Screen brightness no longer stays at a comfortable level.
    5. If the screen goes to sleep during BT operation the audio automatically adjusts to minimal level.
    6. Phone has locked up once following a phone call & I could not power it off, select anything on the screen, perform the pwr/vol dwn reset. After 70 min it decided to go to the startup splash screen for 5 minutes with the eye graphic. It finally restarted on its own after a total of 75 minutes of being frozen.
    7. Several APPS stopped working following the upgrade or uhh downgrade to ICS.

I'm considering replacing the phone with a couple cans & some string. Guess I'll have to brush up on my morse code as well for text. This thing is a piece of garbage now. Thank you VZW & MMI!:angry:

2. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about flash not working...that's the big one for me...thought a fix would come....i guess not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    When ics came along,some of my apps didnt wrk either anymore..buttt,u can try to do the 215 leak if u havent already @mattyp's classroom topic(very easy)...after i did the leak,my apps wrked agian..

• Like Like x 3
  4. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,011
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    I have to say that i did not have any of the problems mentioned here so far. Some problems I don't have because I have never liked stock apps for things like text or email... they are always lacking so maybe I would have noticed some of those changes if I used stock. I also did not notice much difference between .211 and .215 but my .211 was working great so I am not sure where it could've improved much. Most have seen a huge improvement on .215 though.

The one thing I can say though is that it really is necessary to do a factory data reset. Doing an FDR has solved the problems people were having with ICS. Even if you are considering going to .215, I would highly recommend doing an FDR. Since my og droid going from all the upgrades then finally rooting and romming, I knew that doing an fdr was necessary so I never question it. I can't imagine putting vista on top of xp or windows 7 on top of vista. I did the following guide to help make doing an FDR a little more routine (because I think when upgrading, rooting and romming it should be routine). see:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

• Like Like x 1
  5. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I gotta agree with tismydroid..a fdr did a well effin job on my phone,especially after 215...big improvement, i got no complaints what so ever..all tho i am kinna iffy with rooting,nvr tryed,lol,but definitely will try out in the future tho..my only complaint,is with flash but thats another story lol..fdr/215 will improve ur sh*t..no lie lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about the flash problem....does it work for u guys...i did a fdr and it solved everything but the flash problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

7. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    That topic is all over the forums.. its a thing with adobe not wanting to saport sndroid anymore.too keep it short,google it n ull find out"flash not saporting ics 4.0" ..dnt panic,jst knoe ur not the only one with that issue. I even called Motorola, its a khown problem..

DROIDRAZR ICS215

8. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Btw.check out flashplayer in the playstore.select more(comments) then check "only for this device"..ull see lol..whatever the bug is,they needa get there head out [of dark places] n fixit .its either flash or moto"s fault.trust,i feel ur pain,its the only reason why i even got this phone in the first place,what a waste of $300/4 down the drain.smh.i couldve used it for fire n then some lmao

DROIDRAZR ICS215

9. joshxdroid

joshxdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    I have had the same experience with .215 if anything i had less problems with .211. ICS has worked great for me! I would never return to a previous OS. But i agree that an FDR is essential. I've read to many people on this site where the FDR improved their experience from a nightmare to something great.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GPYoung

GPYoung Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Tis,
    What app are you using for text? I am not a fan of the new ICS stock text platform either.....it drives me batty that one can no longer select and delete multiple texts.....

Thanks,
    Geoff

11. GoBears

GoBears Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I use Handcent. Tried all the popular ones and chose it as my sms/mms program of choice. Give it a try, you'll love it.

12. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,011
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    I use Go SMS. It is very similar to handcent and just as popular. Probably the only reason I use Go SMS over handcent is because early on it was the one that did everything I needed so I stuck with it. It could've very easily been the other way around and I would've found myself just as happy with handcent. Take a look at both of them in play store and go for which one appeals to you most. I think you would be very happy with either one of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums