Did anyone else see the Droid Maxx on Verizons website for 399.99?

Reaction score
For the last 2 weeks I seen on my phone and computer that Verizon was offering the Droid Maxx for 399.99 off contract. Of course today on 2-13-14 I go into the store and they tell me O today it went back to 599.99. So I showed them my phone and its stating 399.99 so you should hurry up and do it online. So I tried and my phone would not let me complete the transaction. So I called Verizon and told them I get to the part where it says check out and it tells me my total will be 399 and they said there is no way that phone has never been that low. Its always been 599. I said I have a screen shot of it on my phone so I emailed them and they continued to tell me I don't now why it says that sir but its not 399. They didn't even offer anything to help lower the cost even though I had proof off 399. They then tell me since I want to keep unlimited data I have to do this in store cause if they do it over the phone they have to assign it to a line or add a new line. Why I don't know but cause Im buying the phone out right. They said if I add a line then my bill will go up and get pro rated or something like that. Then they try to sell me on the edge program which I don't like cause whats the point of paying 300 on a phone then turning it back in. I like to keep my phone for a back up or sell it to recoup some of the money. I know its not a lot but its something. Where they feeding me a bunch of BS? I was on the phone for 1.5 hours and got transferred to 6 different departments. The last department they sent me to was the same one they sent me to on transfer 4. I was pretty mad.

Did anyone else see it for 399 and take advantage of this or was my phone and computer messing with me :mad:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes it's been $399 for a week or so and they are full of it being below $599. I bought it Jan 7th for $499. Actually, no it's $599 now. WTH?? They raised the prices again.

They just raised the price this afternoon. I had one in my cart earlier this morning but decided to wait.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wonder if this has anything to do with Lenovo buying Motorola. The Maxx DE has been out of stock until now and it's back up to $649.
The Moto X is still $329 though.

OP
B
Reaction score
Ya im pretty upset and I have talked to about 8 online reps and only 1 has told me it was 399 and they told me its still 399 today even though the website says 599 and I was ready to order then my internet cut out and lost contact with that person. I then called Verizon and they told me I was full it pretty much and it has never been that cheap. I told them I know it was that cheap and the Verizon store told me it went up today. The lady said she tried to scan it for 399 but it wouldn't let her. I cant believe it would jump back that much again.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm kicking myself right now. Thought it would stay 399 guess not. No way I'm spending $599 for a backup right now.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your telling me. I have been putting this off for a week or 2 now. Finally get the urge to get a new phone and then this. I knew I should have ordered it last night when I was going to but I figured I would go to the store and do it so I could get it right then and there.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Order first, think later ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Reaction score
Ya I learned my lesson. I was thinking between the maxx and htc one. The HTC one is 499 but I liked the fact the maxx had the bigger battery. The HTC one did not go up in price which is weird.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Then they try to sell me on the edge program which I don't like cause whats the point of paying 300 on a phone then turning it back in. I like to keep my phone for a back up or sell it to recoup some of the money. I know its not a lot but its something

Am I the only one who gets the Edge plan?

Look;

You can upgrade an eligible phone number, pay the $35 activation fee, get the phone at the subsidized price out of pocket plus the $35 activation and lose unlimited.

You can buy the phone for full price in cash out of pocket on the spot, place it onto your phone number and keep unlimited.

You can sign up for the Edge plan, pay $21 to $29 per month (depending on the phone price), avoid the activation fee, trade in an old phone, get $100 in a Visa gift card, and at the one year anniversary you can either continue paying the monthly fee for the next year, give the phone back or pay the balance off and sell it on eBay (though you'll probably pay more than its worth used), then start another Edge plan for the newest phone.

Only problem here is you lose the unlimited. But even though the phone is full price (24 payments each 1/24 of the price and NO interest), they give you $100 and you save another $35. So you could say the phone is $135 off full price.

Thing is, if you give the phone back you've paid 12 $21 payments, or $252 to $348, MINUS the $135, or net $117 to $213 (less than $10/month) for the phone over the first year. If you give it back you get a brand new phone and again... No money out of pocket.

You can use another line that's eligible (like on a family plan), and upgrade on the Edge plan, move the new phone to your unlimited line and keep unlimited. That's what I did and I'm very happy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score
Well went back to a Verizon store today cause the fiancés Galaxy S3 broke. They told her that they no longer have them so the replacement would be a S4. She was like sweet. So I started to talk to the guy about the Maxx. I asked him if it would ever get that low again. I told him I have issues with my razr maxx and was hoping to replace it. He said he wasn't sure. I was like well since my phone is acting up (force closing everything, laggy, freezing, sound never stays consistent) he goes well lets get you another one. He types my info in then goes so do you need the Maxx? I was like what and he goes do you need the extra battery? I said ya there are times Im no where near an outlet so I like to have my phone ready at all times. He goes well I can either replace it with another Razr Maxx or a Droid Ultra at no charge and no upgrade. Its a free upgrade. I said sure why not. Ya its not what I want. I was hoping for the bigger battery and extra storage space. 32 gb instead of 16. But O well I guess I cant complain we both got free upgrades without using an upgrade. The only thing that really sucks is that the Ultra does not have a sd card slot. I will take it though till the new phone line comes out and I cant get the phone I really want.

Im not complaining at all. Im just surprised how helpful he was and nice he was. I wish all of Verizon reps could be like him. All in all its a good day.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are a few good reps out there. Most unfortunately are less well trained, less interested in your customer satisfaction. They don't understand that if you're happy you'll remain a customer. I get far better service from the phone support.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

xtor

Reaction score
What operating system is the maxx on now? And will get anymore updates?

8th Infantry division

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What operating system is the maxx on now? And will get anymore updates?

8th Infantry division

Non rootable kit kat

Last edited: