1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Buying my phone online and activating it in store?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by Livin PA, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Livin PA

Livin PA New Member

So here's the deal, I have unlimited data on my Droid Bionic and I want to upgrade to a Droid MAXX. I planned on using my dumb phone line to get the upgrade, activate it then transfer it over to the line with unlimited data. Problem is I hoped Verizon would drop the price down to $99 for the Droid Maxx and I don't see them doing that even though we are on the eve of Black Friday. However, for the longest time I could get the Droid Maxx on Amazon for $99. So the question is can I get the Droid Maxx on Amazon and bring it to a Verizon store to have it activated and transfered to my line with unlimited data? Or will they refuse to do it since I didn't purchase the phone in store? Thanks.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I almost did the same thing with another line that had a tiered data plan. Once activated on the dumb phone line you should be able to transfer it over to your unlimited line with no issues.

However, I did hear that with phones bought off Amazon you have to keep it on the activated line for a specific amount of time? Not sure how true that is.
  3. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

Amazon makes you keep the phone on the line for a certain period of time or pay a fee.
  4. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

Yeah I did that with wirefly a few years ago and they said I had to keep it activated on the same line for 6 months or I would get charged like $350 or something like that. It sucked. I'm guessing Amazon has a smiliar policy to make sure people don't do this but I don't know.
  5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Last I checked it was 180 days but that's was this past summer.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)
  6. Livin PA

Livin PA New Member

Thanks everyone. It looks like I will have to either suck it up and pay $200 or wait longer for the price on the Droid MAXX to drop, the Verizon stores in my area were closed today so I will have to talk to them tomorrow and see if they have a $99 deal on them. I appreciate you all letting me know about that waiting period or I would have seriously screwed myself. My Bionic is just getting slower and "glitchier" as time goes on so I am desperate to move on but between November and February I am in a lot of debt because of the holidays so to spend $200 now is a stretch.
Search tags for this page
activate droid x2 basic line
activating a droid a855 on my verizon plan
buying a phone at att's online store and activating in store

buying cell phones online and activating in store

myphone online store
will verizon store activate phone if purchased it online