Debate between the 3 new phones.

Norman

Reaction score
After seeing the specs on the RAZR,HTC Rezound, and samsung Galaxy Nexus. i hate to say it but im going to have to side withe the Rezound... i realy want a moto but the no removable battery is kinda a close call on the phone, and the Nexus sounds great but iv never used a samsung galaxy phone and dont want to risk it either, now the big thing is, is that the Rezound is toping every spec on bolth the Razr and Nexus. So it seems the Rezound will be mine next.

If anybody can help change my mind let me know :)

Heres a link to all the specs if you wanna see em :) Thanks to Shadez!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...orola-droid-razr-vs-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html

Last edited:

jchammer123

Reaction score
I just watched a video about the Galaxy Nexus that says you really shouldn't pay attention to the fact that its a 1.2 ghz dual core processor. They said that ICS is optimized to run on dual core phones, meaning that it will be significantly faster then any dual core running on GB.

I know the Rezound and Razr will both see ICS and they will all be amazing phones. The reason I'm going with the Nexus is that its pure Android (no skin). Its also a developer phone, meaning the dev support will probably come close to rivaling the OG Droid. Which is why I still have my OG Droid and am glad I've waited to take the plunge. With the Nexus, I will definitely take the plunge.

But, to each their own. All three phones should be awesome!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
Norman

Norman

Reaction score
Hmm i would like to not have to deal with all the htc crap.. man my mind is racing over these phones. i hope we get a giveaway on one of them. and ima have to get to play with a galaxy phone and see what its like. you may have changed my mind good sir! :)

jchammer123

Reaction score
If you've ever played with the OG, its very similar, except better and newer version of Android of course. But as far as the vanilla Android experience, it doesn't get any better in my opinion. All the manufactures skins to me, seem to cause more issues than make them better.

Plus, Nexus phones are always the first to get updates on OS's since they are Google phones basically. Whereas you'll have to wait on Moto and HTC to skin ICS before they get the updates. Which could make it better or worse. But from experience in the past, it makes it worse.

Last edited:
OP
Norman

Norman

Reaction score
well then, looks like i gotta go do some research on a certain little google device :)

shizumie

Reaction score
I have never had a sammy phone either, and HATE, HATE the no SD card, but still i am really leaning toward nex. Do we know anything about rezound bootloader?

sent while flying my kite in the rain

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Don't get caught in the specs. I'm not saying the RAZR and Rezound aren't great devices. The videos I've seen of them are very impressive. However, it's all about how well the software is optimized for and interacts with the hardware. The Nexus seems to have been built to work well with its cuurent hardware. For instance, many people are knocking the 5mp camera on the Nexus, yet sample shots have been gorgeous and near zero lag between shots.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Don't get caught in the specs. I'm not saying the RAZR and Rezound aren't great devices. The videos I've seen of them are very impressive. However, it's all about how well the software is optimized for and interacts with the hardware. The Nexus seems to have been built to work well with its cuurent hardware. For instance, many people are knocking the 5mp camera on the Nexus, yet sample shots have been gorgeous and near zero lag between shots.

+1000 on the camera. You're comparing a brand new 5mp camera vs the older 5mp camera. That's like saying an old BMW is the same as a new BMW.

nbucko

Reaction score
Its all going to be preference. For some not having a removable SD may be an issue. Personally I don't think I've ever taken my SD card to do anything but look at it. A non-removable battery would be more of a concern for me since rooting and roming can have hiccups that require a battery pull to correct. Also, I worry about HTC phones. They tend to have the high end hardware but a lot problems. I really don't care about having the best hardware if it doesn't work reliably.