Deal Alert: Get 2 Additionl GB Added To Your Google Drive Account Free

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
images

That's right, 2 additional GB free. All you need to do is a simple Internet Security Check prior to the 17th of February.

Here's the scoop from Google.

"This Safer Internet Day, we’re reminded how important online safety is and hope you’ll use this as an opportunity to take 2 minutes to complete a simple Security Checkup. While everything stored in Drive is always encrypted in transit and at rest in Google’s custom-built data centers, this checkup ensures you’re making the most of the 24/7 protection you already get from Google. As our way of saying thanks for completing the checkup by 17 February 2015, we’ll give you a permanent 2 gigabyte bump in your Google Drive storage plan:.

Head over to Google for more info

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I just did the Security Check. Took all of 60 seconds.

Please note: The additional storage will be added to your account on February 28th.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted this but not for the freebie.
My recovery email is no longer valid and I had totally forgotten to change it last year.
Thank you for this thread

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just did the Security Check. Took all of 60 seconds.

Please note: The additional storage will be added to your account on February 28th.
Did you get any popup or anything that you were successful? I saw this deal somewhere else on the interweb yesterday and did it, but I didn't get any indication that it had worked.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I saw it also under the google search bar and nothing happened... guess I failed ..again...Boo. no 5.1.... etc...

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
rechecked it and got and went through the checks of setting and got the 3 green box's checked

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Did you get any popup or anything that you were successful? I saw this deal somewhere else on the interweb yesterday and did it, but I didn't get any indication that it had worked.

After you approve everything (and have all of the green check marks - my account had 5 but you might have less if you don't do 2-Step Verification - something everyone really should do), but before you click the "Continue to account settings" button, there's a message at the top of the screen beside an image of a green shield with a check mark being held that says

"Nicely done, you’re all set.
Thanks for helping us look out for your security. We’ll let you know if we ever see anything fishy, and you should feel free to run this checklist again whenever you want."

That's the only confirmation of completing the checkup. There's nothing about the 2GB of additional Drive space, but that's not really surprising since it won't hit everyone's accounts until later this month.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
As long as you get the big green check.. you should be ok

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I already have 65GB but I can take another 2GB for free. Thanks.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think I have 50gb from buying my Motorola phone. Which ends next year maybe.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
For windows and outlook users - be careful if you tell it not to use less secure apps. Apparently that includes outlook as getting all my mail accounts tonight threw an error until I once again allowed it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

That's right, 2 additional GB free. All you need to do is a simple Internet Security Check prior to the 17th of February.

Here's the scoop from Google.

"This Safer Internet Day, we’re reminded how important online safety is and hope you’ll use this as an opportunity to take 2 minutes to complete a simple Security Checkup. While everything stored in Drive is always encrypted in transit and at rest in Google’s custom-built data centers, this checkup ensures you’re making the most of the 24/7 protection you already get from Google. As our way of saying thanks for completing the checkup by 17 February 2015, we’ll give you a permanent 2 gigabyte bump in your Google Drive storage plan:.

Head over to Google for more info
Thanks for the heads up on this Jeffrey.