[Deal Alert] Lifetime License for Cerberus Security App for FREE; Today Only

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cerberus-anti-theft.jpg

For folks who want a little extra security just in case their Android device is stolen, there is a good deal for you on the Google Play Store. You can get a FREE lifetime license for the security software, Cerberus, but it is only available today. Here's a description of the app from the Play Store,

Cerberus is a complete anti-theft application, the best protection you can get to recover your misplaced, lost or stolen Android device. This is a free trial for one week, then you can buy a lifetime license for a small price (2.99€) from within the application: no monthly or yearly fees, just a one-time payment. License is associated to your Cerberus account, if you have multiple devices you can use all of them (up to 5) with the same account.
It has three ways to protect your device:
- Remote control through the website www.cerberusapp.com
- Remote control via text messages
- SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!
Cerberus automatically enables GPS if it is off when you try to localize your device (only on Android < 2.3.3) and you can protect it from unauthorized uninstalling - more info in the app configuration.
The app works even if the device does not have an internet connection thanks to remote control by sms messages. Also, the SIM Checker feature allows you to know the new number to send texts to, if the SIM card is changed. Texts received and sent for Cerberus remote control will not start any notification and will not appear in the Messages application.
Cerberus does not drain the battery because there is no background service running: it will activate only if there is a remote control request and will stop afterwards.
More features for rooted devices: complete uninstall protection (a thief will be able to delete Cerberus only by flashing another ROM), GPS auto-enabling even on Android > 2.3.3. More info on the website in the Help section.
If you already bought SIM Checker Pro you can have Cerberus at a discounted price, contact us for information.
Have any questions, issues or feature requests? Contact us at [email protected] and we'll be glad to answer!

Thanks for the tip, Mujibar!

Here's a quick link to the Google Play Store to take advantage of this awesome offer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...rberus&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Grabbed it. I have a license for SeekDroid and it works great but my wife is using it since she tends to lose her phone a lot. This lets me have something similar for myself.

Cerebus seems to be under heavy load or something. Its slow as hell right now. Maybe its being flooded because the app is free today or something.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A little unclear on the concept -- does it need to be installed today...activated today? Not seeing anything at the play store (description says it's a 1-week free trial) or their website that indicates the promotion.

It's entirely possible my prescription lenses are woefully outdated, and I'm just not seeing it. A little help?

-Matt

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A little unclear on the concept -- does it need to be installed today...activated today? Not seeing anything at the play store (description says it's a 1-week free trial) or their website that indicates the promotion.

It's entirely possible my prescription lenses are woefully outdated, and I'm just not seeing it. A little help?

-Matt

No... you are right. I am not seeing the free option either. Mujibar indicated he downloaded it and activated it for free, He said, "Cerberus is free for new licensees, as long as you activate the license today." I will investigate further.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Sounds like bad communication, because the quoted part even says one free week with a small lifetime activation fee.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As it turns out, there really is a deal going on, but the company didn't publicize it on the Google Play Store. Here's a quote from Mujibar with the particulars,

It's not being publicized in the Play Store description. That's where the AppGratis deal is helpful. But you don't need that app to get the deal.

Once someone downloads Cerberus, they just need to create a new account. After it activates, they'll get an email confirmation that they have a lifetime license. And yes, their servers are slammed.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks! I figured the "servers getting slammed" was the sign that it was legit. :)

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As it turns out, there really is a deal going on, but the company didn't publicize it on the Google Play Store. Here's a quote from Mujibar with the particulars,
Ah, just registered and the confirmation email says:

The license for your Cerberus account has been activated for free, thanks to a promotion in collaboration with AppGratis.
No mention of "lifetime" but I'll definitely read it that way. If it ends before I die then I'm letting you and Mujibar know. ;)

-Matt

Mujibar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Storm! The original info I got was that you had to first install AppGratis (free in the Play Store) and then get Cerberus from there. You can cut out the middle man, as all AG does is direct you to the Play Store. Install Cerberus, activate a *new* account (be patient & try multiple times if you need to), and wait for the confirmation email.

There's still a little time left for those of you who didn't see this right away. The deal should be available until 8 AM EDT tomorrow, June 7. But just in case it isn't ... get this now! :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nice find went ahead and grabbed it and just activated, why not it is free. Can always uninstall now and use it later if I want.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Definitely going to do this! Thanks for the heads up!

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
You guys getting the "Connection Problem" error when trying to create your account?

*Update* Nevermind, it just takes a few tries since the server's are probably gonna be swamped all day. It went through and looks like it is good to go. Thanks for the heads up!

Gremlin

Reaction score
So I downloaded this on my gs4 and got this in the email..

Please open Cerberus on your device and log in to access the app settings, you should not see the "Buy license" option anymore. This means that the lifetime license for your account is active.

Asgard

Reaction score
I can't get it to work.

Is it because my free preview already expired?
Do I need to re-do everything?

Gremlin

Reaction score
servers are getting hammered .. if you have already one, create a new one