Data sharing via bluetooth or wireless tether

EastPhilly

Reaction score
Hello all,
So I would like to see if there is a way to basically transfer txt/email/call data from my D4 to my non-activated D2. Here is the scenarios:
I recently purchased the Pebble SmartWatch. It can display data from texts, emails, and calls on the phone as well as control various other functions (music/GPS/sports tracking/etc...). Doing all of that on my D4 would probably kill the battery within a few hours. Right now I use GPS tracking and music on my D2 since the battery lasts around 4-5 days with varied use. Problem is that the watch can only receive data from one device and what I will be hoping to use it for would require more than that (gps nav/tracking and music while cycling *using D2* and receiving notifications of calls and emails *using D4* in case there is an emergency so I know to stop and dig out my phone).

So, the fun part... Is there a way that I can get the text/voice data received on my D4 to display on my D2 which would then send that data to my watch without using up as much power on the D4 as I would if I did all of those things on the D4 alone. I know that the BT connection WILL use up some power, but probably not as much as the drain from constant GPS, music, data, and cell service.

Flow chart:

Receive text on D4 > Sends data to D2 > D2 acts like it received a text > Sends data to smart watch > smart watch (only linked to D2) displays data

outsid0r

Reaction score
Hello all,
So I would like to see if there is a way to basically transfer txt/email/call data from my D4 to my non-activated D2. Here is the scenarios:
I recently purchased the Pebble SmartWatch. It can display data from texts, emails, and calls on the phone as well as control various other functions (music/GPS/sports tracking/etc...). Doing all of that on my D4 would probably kill the battery within a few hours. Right now I use GPS tracking and music on my D2 since the battery lasts around 4-5 days with varied use. Problem is that the watch can only receive data from one device and what I will be hoping to use it for would require more than that (gps nav/tracking and music while cycling *using D2* and receiving notifications of calls and emails *using D4* in case there is an emergency so I know to stop and dig out my phone).

So, the fun part... Is there a way that I can get the text/voice data received on my D4 to display on my D2 which would then send that data to my watch without using up as much power on the D4 as I would if I did all of those things on the D4 alone. I know that the BT connection WILL use up some power, but probably not as much as the drain from constant GPS, music, data, and cell service.

Flow chart:

Receive text on D4 > Sends data to D2 > D2 acts like it received a text > Sends data to smart watch > smart watch (only linked to D2) displays data

fox-fi and tablet talk, try em out and start there