Is it worth the money

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by KidmanMakino, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Kack

Kack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They will always have a deal after its been out for a while. I've always signed 1 year contracts because I get bored of my phone and want the hottest and latest. But now that I have a 2 yr contract ugh I will prob pick up a nexus in a year or something comparable for around 300 off of craigslist or ebay. So far my d4 is worth the 150 I paid. I wouldn't mind a razr maxx but I love the keyboard even though the screen is meh.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

2. KidmanMakino

KidmanMakino New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was one of my dislikes,how awkward the screen was. The Eris is small and fits in my hand/pocket perfectly. I do miss having physical keys to type on but I've never liked holding my phone open with two hands,like an old fashioned gameboy. my thumb by itself is fast but I miss typing without looking on the front npad but that's pretty impossible on a full touchscreen. Maybe its not just the price but for that much it should be like a personal gd assistant,doing all the typing, replying and it should be a perfect mesh not settling since its far from free. I guess what can other Droid models do compared to these razrs,since they're the virtually siblings.
    That streaming from my desktop seems to be a real favorite but sounds like a battery killer or at least laggy--and does it work if my pc is off? I don't game much on my phone or look at videos like YouTube or trailers. I guess it comes down to not liking change I suppose but handling the D4 was awkward but if they were $20 images of two hundred I probably wouldn't be finding excuses. I really would like to get one just to have a fast phone but maybe I should try rooting the Eris first I just never understood what the advantages & risks were;would it be like just goin through msconfig to clear all the start up crap?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

3. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Coming from a Droid Eris myself, I have no idea how the hell you were actually able to type that up and send it using the Eris. And after coming over to the D4.... I still have no idea how you were actually able to type that, and I can assure you that it will be a MILLION times easier with the D4.

My Eris was soooo slow and just plain horrible. Couldn't run apps, it was slow, was difficult to use... I think it is def worth it. Plus i got it for $150!

4. KidmanMakino

KidmanMakino New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I could try for the $150 from best buy like that other guy said but I trust BB less than Verizon store,but I have that double upgrade. Eris was only crazy slow for me if I had fifteen apps running but I use advanced task killer so usually only have three open at once. Mp3 player slows it down if I'm multi tasking or receiving a text,that lags it a bunch.
    But doesn't the D4 have the same crappy battery as the regular razr? Or is it like the maxx with a keyboard

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

5. diablo85

diablo85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if only it were a maxx with a keyboard, i'd love it more. but no, its battery is 5mAh more than the razr. not much of a difference at all.

6. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    What features matter to you most? Storage? Reception? Display?

IMO, the Droid4 is not really worth $200 unless you absolutely need a great hardware keyboard. It's keyboard does kick ass.

But if you dont care about the keyboard I would really recommend passing on it and going with the Galaxy nexus, Rezound, Razr Maxx or LG Spectrum. I'd rather have any of those phones than a Droid 4.

(Bonus: I think all of those phones are cheaper than the Droid4 as well)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  7. Kack

Kack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good points and it basically does boil down to if you want a keyboard. if that is the case then you will like it. vzw price says 200 but i got mine for 150 in store an have seen a lot of people that go to vzw get it for 150. the screen isnt great like the others mentioned but it is quick i havent noticed any lag. go to the vzw and compare the phones you might be interested in feature wise and got from there. and if you dont need a KB then Razr ,Rezound or nexus might be your next phone.

Search tags for this page
is my old razor phone worth alot of money
is verizon quantum worth the extra money

is verizon worth the extra money