Data limit and tethering question

aceofskies05

Reaction score
How much bandwidth/data usage am I allowed per month? Also, If I connect my phone to the computer and use my phone for the internet, does that charge separately?

Alteron

Reaction score
Currently, Verizon allows 5GB/mo with rates of $0.05 per MB if you go over that.

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Plans

Connecting your computer to your phone for internet access (aka tethering) can be done, but from what I've seen there are mixed responses from Verizon depending on what device you are using. I am hoping to clarify that question myself. :)

ntrddragn

Reaction score
im gonna answer you quick before the whipping starts. LOL. your data usage is UNLIMITED. tethering use data that is part of your unlimited plan. some will say its not legal but that is neither here nor there discussion. not sure what you mean by connecting ur phone to your computer and use the internet on ur phone. I assume u mean surfing the web on ur computer by tethering to your phone.

edit: the 5gig is for netbooks not the droid.

OP
A

aceofskies05

Reaction score
Yea because on the incredible, when i plug it in via usb, it give me the option to use this phone for internet. Just curious on how it goes along with my data plan.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Droid can not be tethered for internet use and they don't have a way to charge you for it....

but if you download easytether lite.... you're good to go

IB$18K cell phone bill, ruining it for others, violation of T.O.S., even though there is no proof.

iTether - use it for my primary service at home, no issues. I will hook up my Wii eventually to it.