Data connection issues

Mellie

Reaction score
I received the Razr Maxx on the 27th and within a couple of days I noticed no data connection, something I never had
With my Droid X. I took the phone back to Verizon and they sent me a brand new one. Initially it seemed better, but after one day it had issues with data connection again. I realize I can use wifi when available, but I never had these problems before. Is this common with this phone or am I doing something wrong?

rackumrack

Reaction score
I have had the same issue, however if I power the phone off and back on it corrects it. Happens a couple of times a day. I think it is a result of the 3g to 4g switch. Sometimes it will just hang up and show the 4g icon stuck when I actually have no service, other times it just gives me the red icon with the slash through it. Even with the update It is still happening with me. I do not think it is a phone issue, Verizon just needs to get the network right.
I received the Razr Maxx on the 27th and within a couple of days I noticed no data connection, something I never had
With my Droid X. I took the phone back to Verizon and they sent me a brand new one. Initially it seemed better, but after one day it had issues with data connection again. I realize I can use wifi when available, but I never had these problems before. Is this common with this phone or am I doing something wrong?

rdgxray

Reaction score
I live in a 3g only area so I put phone in cdma only (3g only). It maintains data consistently, almost no drops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

Mellie

Reaction score
I talked to tech support last night because it didn't work even with the above suggestions. It turns out some people have
connection problems after the update. He had me do a factory reset and now the phone is awesome!

run26pointtwo

Reaction score

I had the same problem. I even got a replacement phone but that didn't solve the issue. It was still losing 4G connection.

I think I fixed the problem by setting up a smart action on the Razr Maxx to turn off the background sync (action) when display is on (trigger). When I do this, the Google servers (indicated by blue 4G LTE and blue bars) are now disconnected (because 4G LTE and bars are now white) and now the phone works great -- no lost connection anymore! When the display times out and screen goes dark, then background sync starts up again and my email etc. gets retrieved and sent (i.e. the Google server connection is restored). I've operated this way for two days now and have not had the connection issue.

However, when you use Google Play to install new apps, it asks you to temporarily turn background sync back on, so you might encounter a "no connection" during the app installation (wait for connection to be restored, or switch airplane mode on and off to restore), but after new app installtion just turn the display back off and then on again, and the background sync will be turned off again when you use the phone.

Last edited: