DAS BAMF 1.6 help

cullenisprime

Reaction score
Ok I am loving this rom. My battery life is ok. I can get about 12-16 hrs with moderate use...FB, texting, little web browsing, maybe some games. I am running setcpu with a slight overclock. I have some profiles set up for when the screen is off

When I look at the power distribution the Display is the main hog. anyone have any tips or tricks to cut down on the display using so much of the battery or extend battery life? i have the brightness down to about 20% most of the time. thanks

oh and here is a screen shot of the kernel i am using. i also have the most up to date radio.

Last edited:

Ryukashin

Reaction score
keeping brightness down seems to be the best trick, which you already do. Some uses seem to still get good battery life from the autobrightness setting but I find it too bright for me.

For most users it seems to account for at least 40% of the usage on the battery screen.

Now I don't know if the LED's for the backlight actually are super power consuming gremlins or if its just the fact the the beastly 4.3" screen is the power culprit. I do know that if its the screen and not the backlight there's nothing we can do since it will use the same amount of power no matter what it is displaying.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
The screen SHOULD be using most of the battery. If something other than the screen is using huge chunks of battery then you know you have a rogue app or process running in the background. My display typically uses between 60 and 80% of my battery and I feel those numbers are pretty standard.

Also, if you are using the included bamf kernel that comes with the rom you are actually doing more harm than good by using a screen off profile. The "smartass" governor has the screen off profile built right into the scaling so setting up profiles of your own while using the smartass governor is redundant and can cause some issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

project e46m3

Reaction score
The screen SHOULD be using most of the battery. If something other than the screen is using huge chunks of battery then you know you have a rogue app or process running in the background. My display typically uses between 60 and 80% of my battery and I feel those numbers are pretty standard.

Also, if you are using the included bamf kernel that comes with the rom you are actually doing more harm than good by using a screen off profile. The "smartass" governor has the screen off profile built right into the scaling so setting up profiles of your own while using the smartass governor is redundant and can cause some issues.

ohhh..That is good to know as I setup a screen off profile myself. Im going to delete it and see what kind of battery life i get. As of now im getting about 12-16hrs of moderate use and about 24-26hrs of lite use.

RVC

Reaction score
Can I run any theme with this ROM or does it have to be DAS BAMF 1.6 theme? Thanks.