[ROM][4.7.2011] Das BAMF 1.4

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Hey so I can't post over on the xdadev forums cause i dont have 10 posts, etc - so i'm hoping someone here can answer my question or can relay it over there - i saw a couple people ask similar questions but never found it answered...

when I first installed the remixed rom, i had the black themed market with both the black icon as well as black theme inside the app, but then something happened (idk what/why) and it reverted back to the original / non themed...

is there anyway to get that customized/themed market back?

Black themed Market: http://db.tt/dC4Jzab
Backup and flash.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey so I can't post over on the xdadev forums cause i dont have 10 posts, etc - so i'm hoping someone here can answer my question or can relay it over there - i saw a couple people ask similar questions but never found it answered...

when I first installed the remixed rom, i had the black themed market with both the black icon as well as black theme inside the app, but then something happened (idk what/why) and it reverted back to the original / non themed...

Backup and flash.

Thanks! Will this just flash over the existing 2.3.6 market?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Backup and flash.

Thanks! Will this just flash over the existing 2.3.6 market?

Yessir.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No go on mine. Even uninstalled updates and removed the existing vending.apk. Oh well :)

Its TwiX

Reaction score
No go on mine. Even uninstalled updates and removed the existing vending.apk. Oh well :)

Weird... Got it straight from ThatDudeButch. Sorry it didn't work for you. Any other feedback? Hopefully it actually works...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Apparently, it can't be done if you're not running the Remixed version so I'm downloading that now and gonna try again.

djj624

Reaction score
Can I load the remix, or does the other one have to go in first. Also what do you guys mean when you say bump charge?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Can I load the remix, or does the other one have to go in first. Also what do you guys mean when you say bump charge?

Doesn't matter.

Don't worry about bump charging. No matter what people say, you can NOT charge the Thunderbolt while it is off. And yes even with the new clockwork recovery you still can't.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Doesn't matter.

Don't worry about bump charging. No matter what people say, you can NOT charge the Thunderbolt while it is off. And yes even with the new clockwork recovery you still can't.

Mine charged just the other night while it was off.

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Doesn't matter.

No it didn't.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

No it didn't.

So it was magic that made it go from 66% before I powered it off too 100% when the LED turned green and I powered it back on? Interesting...

Its TwiX

Reaction score

No it didn't.

So it was magic that made it go from 66% before I powered it off too 100% when the LED turned green and I powered it back on? Interesting...

Yeah. It was also magic when your phone vibrated (like it did before the clockwork update?) and the LED went out for a few seconds after it was plugged in for about 15 seconds and you barely tapped the power button and it "turns on" (wakes up) when it was "off". Tapping the power button to turn your phone on when it isn't plugged in won't do anything. Don't believe me? Try it.

teddyblair

Reaction score

Backup and flash.

Thanks for the help - I'll give this a try.

No it didn't.

Yeah. It was also magic when your phone vibrated (like it did before the clockwork update?) and the LED went out for a few seconds after it was plugged in for about 15 seconds and you barely tapped the power button and it "turns on" (wakes up) when it was "off". Tapping the power button to turn your phone on when it isn't plugged in won't do anything. Don't believe me? Try it.

As for this, I'm kind of curious because it seems like the phone is somewhere in the middle, if that makes sense. When completely off, and then plugged in, it seems to be charging without turning on (no vibrate, no screen on, no LED off/back on at any time) - just steady orange.

It is true, however, that with just a single click of the power button the phone boots up. However I say 'boots up' because it does the HTC welcome screen, followed by the Thunderbolt thunder & lightning page, then goes home and you can see it turning on the radio, etc. The process it goes thru also changes depending on whether you have 'Fast Boot' enabled (obviously booting a lot faster with it on) - it goes through the full, long boot process if it is disabled.

It seems to me that the phone is in fact off, and stays off, when charging - however the sensitivity of the power button (by that i mean mean you don't have to hold down) changes when there's a power source.

just observations thru experimentation cause i was curious...

Scoobs420

Reaction score
I am having an issue using the voice features (i.e. voice search, nav search, voice text) when using a bluetooth headset. However the headset works fine for everything else and I can use the voice functions with out the headset. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Backup and flash.

Thanks for the help - I'll give this a try.

As for this, I'm kind of curious because it seems like the phone is somewhere in the middle, if that makes sense. When completely off, and then plugged in, it seems to be charging without turning on (no vibrate, no screen on, no LED off/back on at any time) - just steady orange.

It is true, however, that with just a single click of the power button the phone boots up. However I say 'boots up' because it does the HTC welcome screen, followed by the Thunderbolt thunder & lightning page, then goes home and you can see it turning on the radio, etc. The process it goes thru also changes depending on whether you have 'Fast Boot' enabled (obviously booting a lot faster with it on) - it goes through the full, long boot process if it is disabled.

It seems to me that the phone is in fact off, and stays off, when charging - however the sensitivity of the power button (by that i mean mean you don't have to hold down) changes when there's a power source.

just observations thru experimentation cause i was curious...

Before this recent update, clockwork would run with the screen on whenever you plug it in. Now it does the same thing but hides the screen and disables key presses. Your phone turns on faster when its plugged in? I hope thats a joke... The reason why it only takes a tap to boot up, is because it isn't off. You are essentially waking up a phone hibernating in Recovery. Don't tell me you are testing this with fast boot on... Fast boot is not a real power off. Take it off and you will see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Some really good stuff coming to BAMF soon. :D All I can say is instant GPS anyone?

Last edited: