DarkslideX(GB)Release Is OUT

FernBch

Reaction score
Search here and over at mdw. There's a thread with the zip files in it. I believe it has somehing to the effect of gingerbread-someting for everyone in it.

This may be a dumb question, but you do have the driod x? That's what this is for.

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
yes its for a droid x.... I will see if I can find the mdw

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
New question...

Once I SBF .340 GB on the phone and root, can I directly add DarkSlide X Rom or do I HAVE to add the part one and two zip files. I guess it seems a little confusing to me to flash what seems like a rom right before I flash DSX to the phone.

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
ok makes sense now...rooting now and then to add parts 1 and 2 then flash the dsx rom

FernBch

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it!!

I just realized why I like the SBF CD, I borked my flash, SBF'd, and was back up and runnin in minutes. That CD, in a word, is outstanding!!

I have the 2-part pre-rooted 596 on, just gotta do DSX.

FernBch

Reaction score
DarkSlideX is just chock full of awesome coolness. So many things are just so much smoother than before. BBC put some serious effort into this and it really shows.

Last edited:

BOA

Reaction score
Anyone know why my install keeps aborting? I've SBF, rooted, installed .596 two parts, installed bootstrap 2 and when I go install DSX it aborts. Bad file maybe but I've downloaded it several times. I'm getting 128mb. Is that correct?

FernBch

Reaction score
My DSX d/l is 140.19mb. Which 596 are you using? Is it the pre-rooted TBH? Also, after sbf, root, then install D2Bootstrap before the two part.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Steveo412

Reaction score
I have 4.2 right now, can I add the gb to this and then do the up date to the new update, or do system restore then the two part zip?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Freezerbrn

Reaction score
Woo hoo! I just Dl'd .596GB on my phone and all went well. I just followed the video on the parts that I needed. Rruread put together on MDW.

Video Tutorial demonstrating upgrade to .596 Rooted Gingerbread

[video=youtube;wRpXAydEvxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpXAydEvxM]‪Part 1 of 2: Step by step Guide on How to Install Gingerbread .596 (Rooted) on Droid X‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
just curious

Installing as I type

I seen screenshots. Anyway to change the settings background I hate white. Im legally blind so i want backgrounds dark so as not to make my squint when trying to read things in front of that bright white background.

Im very happy to be able to get back on your rom. I used 4.2 for the most of the time I owned my X. I tried many roms and always fell back to the fastest most smooth rom for me yours.

Just curious if it will eventually be figured out since noone seems to be able to carken that background as well as few other areas.

Thanks and keep up the great work as always BBC