1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why so buggy?!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by AngelRyuxz, Sep 13, 2011.

1. AngelRyuxz

AngelRyuxz New Member

I'm surprised with all the bugs that this phone has. I finally got to check one out today and right when I went into an app it fc then the screen was up too high and had to turn display off and back on. I tried taking a picture and it just crashed. How could they of released such an long waited expensive high tech phone with so many bugs?! These aren't even all of them, I heard the headphone jack was buggy as well as scrolling too.

I was so excited and wanted to upgrade, but now after this, I'm gonna wait.(even though I couldn't if wanted to). They really should of tested these phones, I mean they just had to play with the phone for like 2 minutes and they should of been able to see all the bugs that were in it... Maybe not every phone of this kind is like this? Idk.

Anyways, I guess I wanted to post this as a warning, though I know most already known long before.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED w/ DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet.
  2. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

Not all are perfect... id exchange it if i had any of your problems

Ive had zero fc or crashes and im on it all day

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. AngelRyuxz

AngelRyuxz New Member

Didn't say I had one. This was one in the verizon store on display. So your phone didn't have any of these issues? If not, could be just random phones that have them.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED w/ DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  4. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

Only issue I have is the noise in the headphone jack but that is easily fixed with volume control. Other then that not one FC or freeze and battery life seems to be improving the more charge cycles it gets. 4G has been extremely stable and fast for me from where I live in the Chicago suburbs taking the train into the city where I work. Overall I'm completely happy with this phone and really can't see myself needing anything more powerful for the foreseeable future.
  5. sweeeeet

I meant to say those problems and nope none.. havent tried the headphone jack yet... but no fc crashes or cam issues other then not being as fast as id hoped (camera) ... the hidden eq is great for boosting speaker quality

6. GadgetRick

GadgetRick New Member

Honestly, not all that many bugs for such a major change. Keep in mind, you were playing with one the public plays with. It's next to impossible to keep those things working properly since so many people mess with them.
  7. Suuperflie

Suuperflie New Member

I've had 0 problems with my phone so far. Headphones sound just fine. There's no telling what people do with those display phones.
  8. hustler616

hustler616 New Member

the only problem i have with mine is the headphone jack and i dont even notice it at all when i have my music playing. does not bother me at all.
    I have had 0 FC. I absolutely love the machine!!
  9. hammytoad

hammytoad New Member

What's the issue with the headjack? Electric interference or static like the OG?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. Sectime

Sectime New Member

How can people make any decision about any phone after 2 minutes with a display unit?? Then make general statement/judgement on a user forum. Sounds like more bull to me. Maybe a power cycle would have helped. Look at the use history on display phones sometime, or not.
  11. droidtom

droidtom New Member

I'm having zero issues with mine. Easily the best phone I have ever seen. I can't believe how good the screenis in full sunlight. Its a winner for me
  12. 82DMC12

82DMC12 New Member

Just thought I'd chime in and say that I've had my Bionic since noon on launch day and I use it for work and play.... zero FC's, not a single redraw, no lag, the phone is totally unstoppable. This is what I wanted my Rooted/ROM'd/OC'd OG to be but it just couldn't do it. The OS seems bug-free to me and the only issue I have is the very slight noise in the headphone jack. Not sure if that's hardware or software, but I don't think it's pervasive enough to be an issue. I only use the music player at the gym or when biking so it's not like I can hear it over the background noise. The battery life is phenomenal and this is quite simply the best phone I've ever had the pleasure of using. And I'm pretty picky.
  13. BLAZE86DUBZ

BLAZE86DUBZ New Member

mines perfect so far knock on wood no issues
  14. Bionic

Bionic New Member

With pretty much any product, the first production runs typically yield a higher rate of defects, so the sporadic reports of defective screens, batteries, headphone jacks, etc. are pretty much par for the course - especially given all the firsts with this particular device. Also, keep in mind that early adopters tend to be a very scrutinizing bunch.

Regarding the software issues, while it might appear that Moto had plenty of time to debug the production build, you have to take into account that the HW was completely redesigned. If anything, there was probably more pressure to accelerate this particular launch than normal.

I'm very happy with mine and would highly recommend it. IMO, it's the best device you can buy today.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  15. AngelRyuxz

AngelRyuxz New Member

Lol, and this is coming from the bionic himself! No wonder you love it lol you are it.

I too love to get a bionic, I'm just afraid of having bugs. . I was lucky with no bugs in my dx. Anyways, overall it is a very nice looking phone, but may just wait a little longer to see. Thanks for yours and everyone elses input.

Offsubject a little, but vsing this with dx2, I know they basically have the same thing except for ram and dual core(I think), but when I placed both these phones together, the dx2 to me had more resolution than the bionic(dx2 had smaller icons and words). Idk, maybe it was just me. What do you think?

16. big al

big al New Member

display units are not good for software or responsiveness demo unless you have them reset them first.
    think of how many people who have no clue about android do things to those phones that screw em up.
  17. sweeeeet

Completely agree and if its buggy they swap it in a second Verizon is good w stuff like that

18. chowyenfats

chowyenfats New Member

I think one should own the phone before they make comments about how bad the phone is, as a owner of the phone my bionic runs smooth like butter.

19. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive New Member

The only issue I had with mine is the clicking sound when streaming Netflix. (Oddly enough however, the last 2 days I've noticed the clicking is gone. I didn't notice any updates but I suppose an app auto-update could have slipped by me) I've had no FCs, no headphone jack issues, no lost apps, etc. Just fast and smooth at everything. I do notice that I bounce between 4g and 3g in my house a lot but I've never had decent reception in my house. This is a worthy successor to my beloved OG Droid. (which I'm keeping as a backup)
  20. Spartans_08

Spartans_08 New Member

Haven't had one issue with mine either....the response time of going to the homescreen from any app is amazing...no redraw and almost instant, plus using the spare parts app u can even make it move faster! Had this phone since launch day and haven't thought of returning it once!

Search tags for this page
android phones so buggy
bionic getting buggy

droid bionic buggy

motorola droid bionic buggie
my droid razr is buggy
phone buggy with earphones
why android is so buggy

why are android phones so buggy

why is android so buggy

why is my galaxy s4 so buggy