I'm gonna assume Darkslide 4.2 is a Froyo rom? Lol

DROIDX DarkslideX 1.15 Ghz

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm on darkslide 4.2, do I have to sbf to go to Darkslide X or can I just install now? And can I wireless tether on Darkslide X ?

No, I'm afraid you can't go directly from 4.2 to the new DSX. First you have to SBF back to the last OTA update. You need to read this thread - DarkSlide X is here! - to get the exact steps.

-Mike

FernBch

Reaction score
May be a little dense here, but I need the D2 bootstrap for this, right? I have the DX, but not the D2. I also need that to install the TBH pre-rooted 596? And, while I'm at it, If I'm going TBH 2-part, I need the .12P radio as well, don't I?

EDIT: Doh!! (does a Homer Simpson Face Palm!!) Found the answers I seek. DL-ing files now..........

Last edited:

wyld

Reaction score
Yes the D2 bootstrap and as long as your on the stock rooted Froyo you can flash the the 2 part gingerbread zip files back to back. Right over Froyo

Last edited:

wyld

Reaction score
Nope not free! Lol

wyld

Reaction score
Ok is there any themes out for DSX yet and if so where can I get them?

sacnvz

Reaction score
wyld how is this ROM working for you?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

FernBch

Reaction score
I think all I'm going to ask may have been covered elsewhere, but I don't want any issues, so here goes.

I'm runnin a rooted, D2 bootstrapped, TB Pro'd, and root explored DX. I am getting ready to go with the latest release of darkslideX. I've been lookin into different ROM's and this is the route I want to go.

This is what I have and what I think I must do to get it right. I have a nandroid backup and have copied all the apk's for my d/l'd pgms just in case, made a TB backup, and have backed up everything important on my SD card.

1- This can be skipped if not needed. I have the bootable Linux 2.3.340 sbf cd incase I should sbf first to make sure I have a clean DX to start with. I know if I do this first I must root and install D2 bootstrap again.

2- I have the 2 part zip TBH 596 to go on next.

3- I have the DarkslideX zip to go on last.

4- Also updates, such as the keyboard update, go in after using CWR?

I also have some of the apps that have been mentioned in these past 92 pages of replies (in the dsx thread over att mdw), too. (batt cal, etc)

I have all the instructions for the above items, have read them twice, and will have them in front of me as I go through this. That way I'll know when to wipe what and be able to do this step by step.

One thing I have seen is a couple posts about wiping/formatting the SD card. Should I need to do this is there a preferred place in the process?

Am I missing anything else? Just want to make sure I have everything so this is as smooth as possible.

Ready for the Darkslide!!! dancedroid

Last edited:

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Ok

So I'm a little confused at what I need to do to get DSX on my phone. I have rooted and installed roms before but it has been a while. I just got a new DX because my old one kept rebooting itself. My new phone has unrooted gingerbread on it. I have been doing a lot of reading about how to root gingerbread. If I have it right, I need to download the rooted GB SBF and flash that to my phone. Then use z4 to root the phone and then flash DSX Rom to the phone?????

I ran DS on my old X and just found the Rom for GB and would really like to get this on my new phone. Any help would be greatly appriciated...

Thanks

FernBch

Reaction score
I may be able to answer your question. Read my post directly above and the first post on dsx over at mdw (link is in the first post of this thread). From what I understand I have all the right files and steps (I'm coming from froyo 2.3.340). Basically you need to be on a rooted gb 596 before you flash dsx. TBH's 2-part zip will get you to that point.

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Ok I am coming from un rooted GB basically a new stock phone.
Where can I find TBH 2 part zip with instructions? I have read through this thread and the link in the first thread and can't find it. DId I miss something somewhere??