[ROM] D4 stock De-Odexed JB 98.72.18

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The oc scripts cause bootloop, trying speeescript next.

Edit: speedscript works. The oc scripts most likely didn't work since it's for the older kernel version.

Its nice being back here modding the D4 again, I've been spending a bunch of time on the XDA DNA forums.

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The oc scripts cause bootloop, trying speeescript next.

Edit: speedscript works. The oc scripts most likely didn't work since it's for the older kernel version.

Its nice being back here modding the D4 again, I've been spending a bunch of time on the XDA DNA forums.
ppl are crazy on there lol

ws6formula350

Reaction score
SBFing now so i can take the update, install this, and play with it lol

any word on how the CM10.1/Liquid/AOKP builds work with the new kernel?

ws6formula350

Reaction score
bro your hosting is getting hammered, you are listed as a mirror on the droidlife article about the OTA leak, i downloaded it from there lol

kenji91

Reaction score
I'm a little confused here. I'm trying to get the OTA update through Recovery - but there's no OTA option? Is it required to download the OTA zip/crc file? Also, that file is named after the ICS file. That was done on purpose, right?

I feel really noobish right now. :biggrin:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
ppl are crazy on there lol

You are expected to have a certain level of knowledge, and yes, people are moody.

SBFing now so i can take the update, install this, and play with it lol

any word on how the CM10.1/Liquid/AOKP builds work with the new kernel?

I SBFed too and it went smoothly. Look forHashcode and Jsnweitzel to update their roms.

I'm a little confused here. I'm trying to get the OTA update through Recovery - but there's no OTA option? Is it required to download the OTA zip/crc file? Also, that file is named after the ICS file. That was done on purpose, right?

I feel really noobish right now. :biggrin:
You've been here long enough, you can't use that excuse anymore :p Just put MFBs file on your sd card, go into recovery, choose install update from sd card, and choose it.

bro your hosting is getting hammered, you are listed as a mirror on the droidlife article about the OTA leak, i downloaded it from there lol

It took me 45 minutes to download, LOL.

kenji91

Reaction score
You've been here long enough, you can't use that excuse anymore :p Just put MFBs file on your sd card, go into recovery, choose install update from sd card, and choose it.

Touche. :p

But I feel like I haven't had to do anything like this in sooo long. All I've been doing lately is flashing ROM after ROM in SS3.11. :biggrin:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If I were you I would sbf. Once my first attempt failed I was not in the mood to figure out what app was missing. I could've sworn I made no changes to the stock system but I was wrong.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
If I were you I would sbf. Once my first attempt failed I was not in the mood to figure out what app was missing. I could've sworn I made no changes to the stock system but I was wrong.

SBF'd...had to factory reset from JB to get rid of Superuser so I can reroot with the Razr Blade utility...i forgot to temp unroot before i ran the update :eek:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
or rather, i SBF'd and then forgot to reroot...i had deleted quickoffice and pushed the HD messaging app so i wasn't passing the system check :eek:

kenji91

Reaction score

I've been trying to SBF and kept failing at step 6 of RSD. And then I realized I was trying to SBF with GB files, since I never downloaded the ICS SBF files. haha