[ROM] D4 stock De-Odexed JB 98.72.18

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Thanks! It's been so long since the Droid 4 got an update OTA that I've forgotten a lot.

The way they name those packages is a little asinine IMO, lol. I went through the same jitters going from Gingerbread to ICS.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Next issue is that Voodoo Root Keeper didn't work after installing the stock OTA file and now it doesn't seem that there's anyway to get root back... at least not until someone releases an exploit. :frown:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Next issue is that Voodoo Root Keeper didn't work after installing the stock OTA file and now it doesn't seem that there's anyway to get root back... at least not until someone releases an exploit. :frown:

RAZR Blade utility can root you. I did the same thing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

gogojons

Reaction score
hello, I'm in the official version of android 4.0.4 on my Droid 4, I want to know when I got the OTA update automatically and would not give me error if I make a wrong step when installing this ROM via Recovery

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
hello, I'm in the official version of android 4.0.4 on my Droid 4, I want to know when I got the OTA update automatically and would not give me error if I make a wrong step when installing this ROM via Recovery

It's a rom, not an update, so it can only be installed in safestrap.

Do not flash custom roms in recovery.

clowe

Reaction score
When I switched over to the stock Rom in safe strap 3.11, after the boot up motor logo, my phone screen goes black for a few seconds then reboots back to the motor symbol. I did a factory reset a for the stock Rom to try to install a custom Rom in that slot. Can I still sbf back to 4.0? BTW, I can still use the other slots fine.

Bense

Reaction score
Is there any way that we can install this OVER the stock rom?

These ROMs that run in ROM slots on top of our 8GB emmc are KILLING me. They pause and hang like crazy :'(

Bense

Reaction score
Why the hell are you fellas even responding to these dolts that have yet to upgrade from ICS?

JELLYBEAN!!!!!! Update your base/stock ROM to jellybean! It's not too hard, it goes like this:
1) install the motorola drivers.
2) download RSD Lite. Latest version is 5.7, IIRC.
3) download the 800+ MB fastboot file.
4) copy all of your data from your emmc ("internal sdcard") onto your computer, just to be safe.
5) fastboot back to 100% vanilla/pure/legit/UNROOTED stock ROM. Don't worry about that voodoo root keeper nonsense.
6) Place the JB (JellyBean) UPDATE onto your EXTERNAL sdcard. Yes, your legit physical sdcard.
7) Power off your device (if it isn't already)
8) While holding down "VOL DOWN + VOL UP", power your device on.
9) Select recovery
10) select install zip update (or something along the lines of this)
11) select your update zip file that you just placed on your sdcard
12) install it. It will take several minutes.
13) once you have jellybean installed, download "razor blade" to root your phone.
14) once rooted, install safestrap 3.11

AND THATS IT. There should be NO more discussion/debate/questions in regards to how to flash this ROM.
The devs don't give a crap about you. Why would they? They don't care about folks that they help install the previous ROM, then disappear for MONTHS, only to resurface once a new update has been released.

Just calling it how it is.

jmagi

Reaction score
not sure u should do that with the rom in this topic. the instructions u gave are for the stock official motorola d4 rom files. the noobs are a plenty on this forum tho.. i must know i am one of them lol.

i dont see any reason to portray such frustration with the devs. devs dev and users.. well us users are supposed to help eachother. its not like the devs are running a blog on here where all their user base depends on them for everything. the devs i guess are always busy devving something and i can imagine the 1000 users emailing and messaging to ask them the very same question over and over.. that would get to anyone eventually.

anyway.. quit whining and just help out where u can and dont be such a noob posting those instructions in the wrong thread :p

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
not sure u should do that with the rom in this topic. the instructions u gave are for the stock official motorola d4 rom files. the noobs are a plenty on this forum tho.. i must know i am one of them lol.

i dont see any reason to portray such frustration with the devs. devs dev and users.. well us users are supposed to help eachother. its not like the devs are running a blog on here where all their user base depends on them for everything. the devs i guess are always busy devving something and i can imagine the 1000 users emailing and messaging to ask them the very same question over and over.. that would get to anyone eventually.

anyway.. quit whining and just help out where u can and dont be such a noob posting those instructions in the wrong thread :p

he just stated this because devs have to do alot of work programing and my not have the time to answer every question so he did it for me. answering evey question (especially ones which have been asked in the past) slows development down basicly becaue there is more talkin and less workin. personally i dont mind but others may want more features and updates rather than a giant thread with reposted q&a's.

jmagi

Reaction score
i agree, planning on making my first thread to iron out the various methods and configurations and how to update from them sometime today. i think alot of ppl are nervous to do the update because theyre not sure how theyd do it. i just went in because i couldnt stand waiting around for a reply. the anxiety was killing me. luckily i didnt brick and my droid lives on :p

concepttheman

Reaction score
Safe strap

Is there a way I could keep my stock ota?
I'm rooted and everyting, I just don't wanna slow my phone down. (it did b4 in ics)
I just want a safe strap recovery.
But I wanna keep my stock stock

Mike253

Reaction score
Mind if i do a AOSP conversion to this and add somethings to the Settings?