D2G on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Genetics, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Genetics

Genetics Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a friend of mine asking what the steps are to setup T-Mobile on a D2G.
    I know Angdroid got ATT working and saw a post by CellZealot that he had both ATT and TMO working but no details other then that.

Also let me preface this by saying the D2G that he has is a prototype version directly from Motorola that he was able to get via a 3rd party in India. Not sure if that really matters or not.

Thanks
    Genetics

2. CellZealot

CellZealot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What firmware version is it running? It may make a big difference if it's an engineering device or a consumer device although the exploit should work on either if it's the right build.

Bottom line is that there aren't any steps you can take yourself to do this though.
    The exploit has not been made public and the people responsible intend to sell it.

Whether or not Angdroid has really been successful is an open question as far as I am concerned, I have yet to see any proof that his method works at all.

3. silver6054

silver6054 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also, isn't it going to be 2G on T-mobile, as the phone lacks the 3G T-mobile band, or does the exploit change that.

4. CellZealot

CellZealot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, Edge only data on T-Mobile in US.

Search tags for this page

d2g verizon tmobile

droid 2 global on t mobile

droid 2 verizon convert t-mobile