Weird Problem

mr.inter

Reaction score
Lately my friend got a D2G and I updated it for him to the leaked Gingerbread using stock recovery (via update.zip). And the update went smooth. I recommended him to use Titanium Backup to freeze bloatware and unwanted apps. The apps that we froze were the same ones that I had frozen on my D2G. However on my friend's phone, when we froze these same apps, the home button stopped working and therefore we tried a reboot. The phone started bootlooping. However here is the weirdest part, the phone may have booted up but still displayed the boot animation, for the fact that when touching the lower part of the screen (where you have to slide to unlock) the phone vibrated. This is certainly something which was messed up by Titanium Backup when we froze those apps. Then I SBF'd back to 2.4.330 and re-applied the update, after which I found out that a data wipe from recovery menu would have been enough. After everything was ok again and back to stock and rooted Gingerbread, I re-tried freezing the same apps to see if the problem persists, and indeed it persisted. I performed a data wipe and the problem was solved. My curiosity is how this happened to my friend, provided that he froze the same apps which I had previously frozen, but with the difference that I had not ever encountered the same problem. The only difference between the two phones is that I updated to gingerbread via the OTA update, and my friend's phone was updated via update.zip (which I had obtained from my cache folder and gave it to him to put onto his sd card and install). I know that this matter could not be explained in a few words, but I would like to know why it happened.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
did you freeze blur home and not have a home replacement app on the device? only thing i can think of....

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I froze these apps:

AdService
Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3
BlockBuster
Books
CarDock
City ID
DLNA
DlnaSystemService
Emergency Alerts
Help Center
Home (maybe this was the cause?)
IPSec VPNs
Kpi Logger Service
LastFM Authenticator
Maps
Media Share
MediaSync
MS Exchange Service
Music
My Uploads
My Verizon Mobile
Myspace Authenticator
News & Weather
News
NFS Shift
Orkut Authenticator
Photobucket Authenticator
Picasa Authenticator
Pico TTS
Print to Retail
QuickOffice
Setup data encryption
Setup Wizard
Skype mobile
Skyrock Authenticator
Street View
Swype
TTS Service
VCAST Media Manager
Video Editor Lite
Voice Commands
Voice Readouts
Voice Search
Voicemail
VPN Services
VZ Navigator

Maybe it did not happen to me because I have ADW Launcher EX?

Last edited: