CyanogenMod-like Gingerbread rom?

rhcp1253

Reaction score
Giving up on ics for a while because of its lack of working camera and codecs, I am looking for a gingerbread rom with the customizability of cm7. Even something more aosp based would be nice. I just need out of blur. Ideas? Running maveric 4.5 and feeling needy
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Unfortunately, nothing like that exists for our device. There is an unfinished CM7 port, but no one seems to want to tackle it.

mkglitzman

Reaction score
That's mainly due to the lack of support there is for anything less than 4.x. My advice, upgrades should be coming up soon, hold out and get a galaxy s 4

mkglitzman

Reaction score
Hash has taken the link down for some time.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hmm. Probably so people don't run around with a broken ROM.

mkglitzman

Reaction score
I'd say it was more unfinished than broken. Still had more functionality than anything 4.x imo

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'd say it was more unfinished than broken. Still had more functionality than anything 4.x imo

True. That's mainly what I meant lol.

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
I,ve tryed about 20 different gingerbread roms and ...

Ok so looking for a great Gingerbread rom {yea I saw you said on a cm 7.1 platform } but I have run cm 7 - 10.1 Solana jb with gapps and the 2 best roms ive found are by chevycam1994

1 the best for me and it,s gingerbread is steeldroid 4.8 if he would have overclocked it to 1.2ghz it would be perfect .
The reason I like this is ithas everything functional / removed all bloat/ I was able to pin back city id {only cause iam on page plus and its free for life} and I was able to add 2 gigs of my ownd affs and games and still have 10.7 free gigs internal and 1.68 on phone /w 32Gig sd card

2 I know you said you cave up on ics I fell the same way but steel droid 5600OC is a great rom , everything works including camera and its better picture quality than gingerbread !!! and its overclocked to 1.2ghz
Ok only bugs no Bluetooth that always seems to interfere with sound so it doesn't work and it said the video recording didn't work but it did for me !!! So there are some great Rom,s

AND THE BEST PART ! the Google Apps are already included you don't have to search for them and install them by themselves

well try them out I am still running sd4800 now because I needed Bluetooth but if I didn't I would run 5600OC in a heartbeat I used it for week and when I started missing calls on the road I had to go back .
have fun romming !!!

Droidboy7

Reaction score
Giving up on ics for a while because of its lack of working camera and codecs, I am looking for a gingerbread rom with the customizability of cm7. Even something more aosp based would be nice. I just need out of blur. Ideas? Running maveric 4.5 and feeling needy
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Same here. I use my camera and recorder. I also want a battery life of more than 6 hours. I ran Steel Droid for like a week til I flashed the DarkDroid ROM. Its on point with a good launcher. Give it a shot.