CyanogenMod 5.0.6

stevonyc35

Reaction score
Can someone give a quick explanation on the difference between 5 slot, or 7 slot on the kernels? I'm not sure why I would want one vs the other.

Thanks

7 slot has more settings

im using bekits 1.3 ghz kernel so it goes
250, 550, 700, 900, 1100, 1250, 1300

the 5 slot (if there is one) might have

250, 550, 900, 1100, 1300

Slipstream

Reaction score
how can i change the bootanimation for 5.0.6?
do i move bootanimation.zip to system/media or data/local?

That's weird I have the Blue droid peeing on the apple and when I went from 5.0.5.7/Smoked Glass Esque 1.4.1 to 5.0.6 it followed. I didn't wipe so maybe that's why it stayed. :icon_eek:

It must be a themed CM thing. I went from JRummy's 5.0.5.7 (with the Nexus One "X" boot animation) to CM 5.0.6 and it reverted back to the eye. I was kind of hoping I would keep it as I like it a lot better.

thed0cb

Reaction score
I dont know what is going on!? I just updated to 5.0.6, and I am now trying to dl P3Droids kernal through ROM Manager. But everytime I hit reboot into recovery the phone is just freezing on the motorola symbol? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

*** EDIT****

After much playing around, I have fixed it. Flashed back to SPR... then back to Clockwork... then re-dled the kernal. In-case anyone else has this problem!

Last edited:

bomber889

Reaction score
For some reason, everytime I try to download a rom from rom manager, when I click on download rom, it says you must update to the latest version of rom maanger, but when I go into market, there are no updates. I can't uninstall or reinstall it either because it does not give me the option to uninstall rom manager. Can anyone help me?

cesareborgia

Reaction score
For some reason, everytime I try to download a rom from rom manager, when I click on download rom, it says you must update to the latest version of rom maanger, but when I go into market, there are no updates. I can't uninstall or reinstall it either because it does not give me the option to uninstall rom manager. Can anyone help me?

I had the same problem. You can either wait a few days for your marketplace to sync properly, or you can backup ROM Manager to APK, uninstall, go to marketplace to make sure you do not show ROM Manager, re-install from the APK then go back to marketplace and it will have the update for you.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Well I have been trying to figure out why HelixLauncher2 0.7BETA2 is so laggy.
When I tap on the draw it opens to a black or blank screen and takes a bit until the app's appear.
Is it me or is that just the way it is?

Thanks

stlcity

Reaction score
When I tap on the draw it opens to a black or blank screen and takes a bit until the app's appear.

Thanks

Did that for me for the first time I used it. Try to restart it. It gets better. The helix launcher is the one I use as it is very snappy. Like the feel of it. Dont care much for the 3D drawer.

tony1208

Reaction score
I always stick with Helix 1.....this rom btw is one of the best i ever used and i been flashing the hell out of my droid the past 4 months lol

bitter

Reaction score

Thanks

This happens to me as well, but I deal with it because I just love the animations.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I always stick with Helix 1.....this rom btw is one of the best i ever used and i been flashing the hell out of my droid the past 4 months lol

the only problem with helix 1 is u have to hit the back button on the soft keys to get out of app drawer...as dumb as that "problem" is...it annoys the hell out of me!! lol

GrandMasterB

Reaction score

the only problem with helix 1 is u have to hit the back button on the soft keys to get out of app drawer...as dumb as that "problem" is...it annoys the hell out of me!! lol

I cant even use it because of that right there.... drives me batty :icon_evil:

cesareborgia

Reaction score

Thanks

This happens to me as well, but I deal with it because I just love the animations.

I was having this same problem, at first I played with the overclock speed in SetCPU, thinking that if I altered the right profile or altered the right setting it would free up more CPU cycles for the animations, nada, didn't work. What I ended up doing, that made a difference of night and day with the different animations and transitions is use the Spare Parts APK that came with the ROM, under Window Animations and Transition Animations I just simply changed the settings to Fast, and wow, things seem to be snappy and work perfectly now. No issues. You might want to try that.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I guess I hosed this again!
I tried to install a bootanimation (Peeing) which I had installed when I was using another rom.

The way I did it was to change the zip file to update.zip and in clockworkmod install update.zip form sdcard.

Now I cant get pat the M screen.

Is there a way for me to boot my device on or do I have to wipe restore and install ALL my files again?

Darn...

Thanks

cesareborgia

Reaction score
Hello,
I guess I hosed this again!
I tried to install a bootanimation (Peeing) which I had installed when I was using another rom.

OMG, I was reading this and coughed coke out of my nose onto my screen "wiping sticky coke off my phone" don't you know you can't insert humor "(peeing) into forum posts? You could ruin someones phone if it's really funny. Thank god I didn't have more cola in my mouth to spew as I was trying not to laugh.

The way I did it was to change the zip file to update.zip and in clockworkmod install update.zip form sdcard.

You might know this already, but I'm going to say it anyway, you need to make sure that what you are attempting to install is compatible with your current ROM. Changing it into the update.zip form will either fail if it's not in that form, or work. However if it is not compatible with your ROM, obviously it isn't going to work.

Now I cant get pat the M screen.

The dreaded "M" screen. Yep, you are baked man, you have to re-install your ROM to get your phone to work properly.

Is there a way for me to boot my device on or do I have to wipe restore and install ALL my files again?

You should be able to wipe cache and re-install the same ROM. You will loose your apps but retain the information for them. I know you are probably thinking this now, but I'm going to say it anyway just to be a smart ass, after all you did make me cough cola out of my nose like a fricken fire hose. You might want to do a quick backup of your system before you change anything with your ROM. As many times as things have not worked out for me, I am glad I took the time to back things up first before I started messing with things. It's a life savor.

Darn...

Thanks

Good luck to you "getting windex to clean cola off my screen", if you post anything else, remember, NO HUMOR, lol. God, I really did just spew cola everywhere man, rawr!

Last edited: