cwm recovery or twrp recovery?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I liked SPR because it was what I learned to mod on. When I got my OG Droid and decided to root it, SPR was the only custom recovery available.

Too bad the developers decided to disappear. Further work would have kept it as a viable alternative to CWM Recovery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never heard of spr?? Was the first recovery for the D1. I was thinking about this the other day....ahhh droidmod, forgot the original name though. Man those were the days. That group imploded big time....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Original name was sholesmod which was the code name for the Droid (sholes).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I just used goo manager to install twrp. It said it installed. How do I boot into it lol
Thanks

Sorry im coming from a bionic that I used safestrap.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Which phone?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just used goo manager to install twrp. It said it installed. How do I boot into it lol
Thanks

Sorry im coming from a bionic that I used safestrap.

Few options. From Goo manager you can press the Menu button and choose Reboot Recovery. You can power off your phone and then press the power and volume UP buttons at the same time. Or you can reboot the phone and hold the volume UP when it reboots.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Which phone?

Samsung s4

Few options. From Goo manager you can press the Menu button and choose Reboot Recovery. You can power off your phone and then press the power and volume UP buttons at the same time. Or you can reboot the phone and hold the volume UP when it reboots.

I tried all of those. Goes to a screen with a picture of a "unlocked lock" on it then goes to a screen that says downloading...
Thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Downloading is ODIN mode, you get to that by restarting and pressing volume down. Do you have a case on your phone? I wonder if you volume button is sticking.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Downloading is ODIN mode, you get to that by restarting and pressing volume down. Do you have a case on your phone? I wonder if you volume button is sticking.

I just can not get this phone to boot into recovery. Took case off of it and still won't. :(

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Just read about the latest update. Im on the m7 update that's why....

Raptor007

Reaction score
Back in the day I used to use CWR Touch all the time, but found TWRP to me much more intuitive for my needs and use that exclusively, maybe it's the old man eye sight and all. I just sold off my HTC One DE and moved back my voice lines back to Verizon and moved it all under my business accounts. I wish I had done it weeks ago and avoided the ME7 FW update.

Droid 51

Reaction score
Im not a noob but I was comfortable with safestrap and now we are back to flashing roms like pre safestrap and im using trwp and I was wondering how easy or hard it is to brick the phone and how easy does it boot loop

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No different than safestrap. Always make a backup, then if something goes wrong you can always just boot into TWRP and restore it.

Its the same process, download ROM, gapps if needed, wipe, flash, reboot.

Droid 51

Reaction score
No different than safestrap. Always make a backup, then if something goes wrong you can always just boot into TWRP and restore it.

Its the same process, download ROM, gapps if needed, wipe, flash, reboot.

Thanks but let me run this by you every time I try to go into recovery all I can get is an android with downloading under it and do not turn off target!! Under that and it wont do squat unless I pull the battery and press down home and power and then it will let me choose to to reboot