twrp recovery gs4 4.3

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I rooted my phone and that works but I tried to install twrp recovery and it doesnt seem to flash? It downloads but I cant open it or anything. Im runing android 4.3 build number EMK2 and its model number SCH-1545.
nothing seems to work tried goo manager. Flashify. Downloading on my computer and on my phone....... yet it only downloads but wont install. I rooted using saferoot. But when I boot into recovery I get the green android and a red odin msg

Rise Phoenix Rise

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Someone should verify, but from what I understood, you can't use/flash a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) for the Verizon model S4.

tap'n

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Right. You need an unlocked bootloader to flash a true recovery. See if safestrap is available for your model.

Sent from my DE Moto X

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
How can I install custom roms then?

Rise Phoenix Rise

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Safestrap if it's available. If not then you won't be able to.

Sent from my DE Moto X

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok I will try safestrap. But I currently have a gs4 with root and twrp recovery and a hyperdrive rom..... but my screen broke and I got a replacement phone. But I forgot how I did it because it was like a yr ago. And it was also an older version and not mk2. And all the files are for the older versions

Rise Phoenix Rise

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Lets us know if it works for you.

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
You have to be on MDK to be able to install a custom recovery. Newer versions require you to use safestrap, and you'll only be able to flash stock roms

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Mdk bootloader for custom roms and kernels, any other one can use only safe strap with safe strap roms and only stock kernel. You have to run a loki exploit on the og s4 to get the custom recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I rooted my phone and that works but I tried to install twrp recovery and it doesnt seem to flash? It downloads but I cant open it or anything. Im runing android 4.3 build number EMK2 and its model number SCH-1545.
nothing seems to work tried goo manager. Flashify. Downloading on my computer and on my phone....... yet it only downloads but wont install. I rooted using saferoot. But when I boot into recovery I get the green android and a red odin msg

Rise Phoenix Rise

Here you go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2720163

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk