Cwm bootstrap

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Don't look to go too wild, just yet. There is no sbf or fxt to flash the phone back to stock when, not if, you screw up -we all do it. The bootstrap is all-contained, and you don't need ROM Manager. There is no flashable recovery from them in there because A)they aren't the ones that cracked it for the Razr yet, and B)the bootstrap still isn't 100% just yet. Damn close, though! I only did a backup, that's all. Holding all three side buttons down until the phone turns off is as close to a battery pull as we can get, power and volume down will do a restart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thelastbill

Reaction score
Thanks man!

How do I make sure that I'll receive the ota?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Have nothing deleted, everything unfrozen, and no bootstrap. Make a backup copy now of your main 'system' file from raw, stock condition, zip it, save on the SD card -YOUR SD card . It's ok if you have root, you have to in order to explore to it. You may have to delete BS to get the ota, but that's no biggie. Simply reinstall after. There also may be a minor file fix needed to return normal recovery action. I don't know what's involved, only that it's possibly required.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Could someone please direct me to instructions on how to use the bootstrap? I downloaded it and razr isn't an option to use. I have titanium and root manager. Thanks!

The RAZR!! bootstrap is working perfectly for me and others. Not the one made from the bionic bootstrap. If you'd like check out this link and post 105. Let us know if you get your backup made.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only-11.html

BobC43

Reaction score
Getting into the Bootstrap in the event of a problem

OK, I have the bootstrap loader and understand how to get there from the app. But, if I later do something stupid and the phone cannot start, how do you get into the bootstrap if you cannot start the app. It was easy on the Droid 1, just hold down x while restarting, but on the Razr, how do we get there to restore a backup?

Also I have two versions of RazrBootstrap.apk and they differ in file length. Any help there?

jtsativa420

Reaction score
My bootstrapper apk is 3 mb. In the post above is a link to a thread w the link in it.

As of now there is no way to boot into cwm recovery from power off that I know of.

You can boot into stock recovery via both volume buttons and power button. I booted into it an selected apply update from sd card and could see my backups. I didn't try to restore though as I am unsure of the outcome. If I ever got stuck in boot loop I would. I would have nothing to lose.

akiles

Reaction score
Maybe I'm too late to reply, but I think you have it backwards:
1.- root
2.- backup
3.- restore
4.- unroot

:)

Awesome, thanks! So I can make a back up, root, then restore my back up later after unrooting to be back to stock if I ever needed to?

konellaz

Reaction score
I was just going to ask how that was possible. Root is defiantly required to back up, or I would not be in Flashers rehab.. All because I won't touch my Razr until SBF release. I harass VZW and moto via: twit, email, and calling every day about a SBF to people who could give a rats A$$ about our Warranties.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
Root is definitely required to backup and restore. And the phone has to be operational in order to access the boot strap app.

BEAMED from my DROID RAZR!