Needing CWM help on Razr Maxx

OP
ElectroJoe

ElectroJoe

Reaction score
Hi, you gave me some input last week on CWM. Due to the lack of knowledge on what I was wanting to know I didn't ask the right questions. I would like to try it again now that I've done more research.

I have CWM Recovery v5.0.2.5 installed on my phone. I have bootstrap apk installed also. I have a "burning desire" to upgrade CWM to the Touch Black version. I have no idea of how to perform the upgrade. How would you do this? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
These are the instructions I used.

1. Save the RazrTouchBlack.apk file to your phone’s SD card.
  2. Open the file manager application and locate the RazrTouchBlack.apk file. Install the app.
  3. After the installation is complete, go to your app drawer, launch newly installed app, and from within the app, install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery.
  4. Tap Reboot Touch CWM. Your phone will reboot into recovery mode.
  5. Once in recovery, select Backup and Restoreand select Backup on the next screen.
  6. After creating a backup, reboot your phone.
  7. Download and install ROM Manager from the Google Play Store.
  8. Launch ROM Manager and select Install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  9. Select Motorola Razr as your phone model.
  10. Select Yesfrom “Select Recovery Manually” and then select ClockworkMod 3.x+.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your Motorola RAZR XT910 or Motorola Droid Razr XT912.

OP
ElectroJoe

ElectroJoe

Reaction score
Did you have an older version of CWM Recovery on your phone before you installed this?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No I started fresh.

OP
ElectroJoe

ElectroJoe

Reaction score
How do I remove CWM recovery on razr

I'm wanting to remove CWM Recovery v5.0.2.5 on my Razr and am clueless on how to do it. I'm very new at rooting. I need this explained to me like you would to a 5 year old. Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm wanting to remove CWM Recovery v5.0.2.5 on my Razr and am clueless on how to do it. I'm very new at rooting. I need this explained to me like you would to a 5 year old. Thanks

I merged your new CWM thread with your old one. Too many threads can get confusing for people trying to help but more importantly you as well.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
To remove CWM you are going to need to use the fastboot files and wipe everything back to stock. Are you on ICS?

If you are then you are going to need to use Razr Utility either 1.8 or 1.81, or you can download and use the fastboot files and RSD Lite directly.