Customizable Ringer/Sound Profiles?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello

I used to have a bb curve and not until the other day i realized i missed having the different profiles for the ringer volume and what not

I was wondering if there was an app out there that was basically ringer profiles like the blackberrys come with or something similar

i used to have locale but i dont want to pay for that now (im not positive but i think its now $10 in the market?)
and my schedule is more random than that can be put into a program like that - id much rather just have some app on the homescreen that would let me change the sound profile with a click

any ideas/suggestions?

another thing that bugs me is that the ringer for the phone has to be the same as the ringer for my texts/emails. I would much rather have the texts/emails set to low and the ringer on high/vibrate but i havent figured how to do this yet

and I have mine rooted so any of those apps would work as well

Thanks

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a couple of those Beautiful Widgets....thats about all I know of right now man...I use the widget for Silent and the one for Vibrate

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use a couple of those Beautiful Widgets....thats about all I know of right now man...I use the widget for Silent and the one for Vibrate

yea i have that installed too but i was looking for something a little bit more customizable

thanks for the input though

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know thats what I'm sayin though.....I don't think it gets anymore customizable than that! Not that I've seen so far though...

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know thats what I'm sayin though.....I don't think it gets anymore customizable than that! Not that I've seen so far though...

yea it'd be nice if someone who had a bb would make an app like they had for the different sound profiles

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would definitely be a handy tool to have....and I don't see why a feature like that would not be implemented into the phone somewhere...especially a phone like this...

But I guess thats what sets them all apart from eachother...Droid, iPhone, BlackBerries, Windows Mobile, etc. they all have their pros and cons really

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea thats the only part of this smartphone that doesnt strike me as "smart"

only one volume for all your ringers? come on android we could have spent more time here

must say i dont miss my curve except for the profiles (and the fact i could drop it out of a moving car and then make a call on it :))

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

only one volume for all your ringers? come on android we could have spent more time here

must say i dont miss my curve except for the profiles (and the fact i could drop it out of a moving car and then make a call on it :))

Haha! I know...before I was a huge Android fan I always used to say that BB's were the most durable, heavy duty built phones out there....and I still think they might be, durable-wise

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Haha! I know...before I was a huge Android fan I always used to say that BB's were the most durable, heavy duty built phones out there....and I still think they might be, durable-wise

yea until i went from my htc pro back to the curve and kept trying to touch the screen... :eek:hmy:

although i must say i was a bit wary about getting the droid bc the sliding function on my pro always gave me problems (lag, freezing) but i am happy i did go with it. although the htcs physical keyboards had more of a sturdy feel to them

(not that im in the mood to rip on the droid im just pointing out a few features where other manufacturers had a better product)

hope motorolas reading this..

dabierwasgood

Reaction score
Ringo Pro - Ringtones Manager

For this feature I use:

Ringo Pro - Ringtones Manager.

I don't remember how much it cost but it was worth it either way. I was missing those tones that I haven't been able to customize for each person for 2 phones prior that I had. And it is definitely a nice feature!

So I recommend it as an app thats worth getting! It's been working great on my Droid as well, no issues and runs smoothly!

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks dabier ill have to look into that later today

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Profiles (by egg 'n stone) but even it isn't quite like profiles on the BB. My understanding from reading developer comments is that it isn't possible to provide a fully central solution for all the alerts on Android (specifically vibration, IIRC). There are several options out there. Definitely search -- there are other threads that you might find useful for suggestions.

Mayhew

Reaction score
Sound Manager

I stumbled across Sound Manager yesterday. I have programmed it to silence all audible notifications and vibrations from 11pm till 6am. I can now sleep through the night without e-mails waking me up. I keep the ringer volume up in case there is an emergency at the bank and I need to come running. I can manage the sounds during the day simply by silencing sounds at work and then turning volume back up when I am off work. This was exactly the app that I needed.

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea I downloaded profiles and I found setting profiles lite I'm gonna have to try. But you would think with root there's gotta be a way to use all the ring/vibrate settings how you want..

ethernet

Reaction score
When I had a Windows Mobile phone for a couple of months it had a really cool ringer profile. It would scan your calendar in your phone and when there was an event in your calendar it would automatically put your phone on vibrate. You never had to touch it at all! Just set it to automatic and everything was taken care of. It would be even nicer know since I can sync my phone with google as before I was unable sync my Windows phone with my google. Hopefully can come up with something like this...