Custom Boot Animation

gsallor

Reaction score
Ok so I have been trying to do some custom boot animation and I am having some Problems, I have root explorer and I am able to past my zip file, my problem is I had copied the orignal from the phone and tried editing it, and some how i lost the back up copy of the orignal I had, but what I did was took a bunch of .png frames and named the exactly the same as the orignal and put it back, when I rebooted I get a totaly different boot animation now its not the stock and its not what I made its some flashing droid, I have even tried other peoples custom animations and I cant get them to work either, the thing I have noticed is none of them are the same format is my orignal so I am woundering if the ones I am finding are pre 2.2 so I guess I have 2 questions first does anyone have the stock 2.2 bootimiage zip and second does it sound like I am doing it right or is there something I am doing wrong. I found the orignal in system-->customizw-->resource than VZW_bootanimation.zip any help please

OP
G

gsallor

Reaction score
Thanks u was looking over there but some how I missed that one I will try that out