aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Its a command you put in terminal emulator. I think you just type this:

Su
Primed

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. I'll try that out now

Edit: done does the prime command last after reboot?

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

Last edited:

Daballa

Reaction score
Its a command you put in terminal emulator. I think you just type this:

Su
Primed

New to Prime's kernels, what's the difference, benefits to "priming" it? Deprimed test #7 is probably the best kernel I've used on a gb rom. Just wondering if tinkering with it is worth it? To not hijack the thread just pm me with the info or anyone who knows for that matter.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Oh and about the bootlooping, i reccomend just Disabling it all together... I've seen huge improvement in my boot time

Yeah I disabled my boot animation and it boots rather quick. No need for one really.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
New to Prime's kernels, what's the difference, benefits to "priming" it? Deprimed test #7 is probably the best kernel I've used on a gb rom. Just wondering if tinkering with it is worth it? To not hijack the thread just pm me with the info or anyone who knows for that matter.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Pm'd

sjpanther

Reaction score
Revoking permissions not working

I have done a complete wipe of my Droid 1 (OG Droid) and re-flashed the this ROM. I have checked/selected "Permissions" under "ZeroSettings/General". However, when I try to go to "Settings/Applications" and choose an application I downloaded and go to revoke a permission--it does nothing. It does not revoke the permission and the permission is not visibly crossed-out. Is this a known problem? Others seeing this issue?

Otherwise, this ROM is promising, but I can't make it my daily ROM without the ability to revoke permissions.

Hi Everyone,

I'm posting this again trying to get some help here. Can anyone help me with this issue? As I stated above, I did wipe my device, but am still unable to revoke permissions with the option checked. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm posting this again trying to get some help here. Can anyone help me with this issue? As I stated above, I did wipe my device, but am still unable to revoke permissions with the option checked. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

im sorry but i dont ever mess with my permissions. just a question, what is the advantage of revoking certain permissions?

sjpanther

Reaction score
im sorry but i dont ever mess with my permissions. just a question, what is the advantage of revoking certain permissions?

Shouldn't the feature be functional given that it is included in the ROM? Can you confirm this is broken? Unrelated, but noteworthy, this works just fine with CM7.

In reply to your question, it is beneficial to me (and others) because there are some applications that access data on my phone that is not required or I do not wish them to access (.e.g. access logs, send SMS, contacts).

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Shouldn't the feature be functional given that it is included in the ROM? Can you confirm this is broken? Unrelated, but noteworthy, this works just fine with CM7.

In reply to your question, it is beneficial to me (and others) because there are some applications that access data on my phone that is not required or I do not wish them to access (.e.g. access logs, send SMS, contacts).

id be happy to test it for you. and thanks for the info:)

what should i do to test if i can change permissions? and your talking about app permissions right?

sjpanther

Reaction score
id be happy to test it for you. and thanks for the info:)

what should i do to test if i can change permissions? and your talking about app permissions right?

Yes, I'm am referring to app permissions. Please read my first message "Revoke Permissions not working" about 4 messages ago in this thread. In short, just check/select "Permissions" under "ZeroSettings/General". Then go to "Settings/Applications" and choose any application you downloaded yourself (no system app) and then scroll down to the permission section and click on any permission--this should cross-out/revoke the permission--it does nothing. It does not revoke the permission and the permission is not visibly crossed-out.

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Yes, I'm am referring to app permissions. Please read my first message "Revoke Permissions not working" about 4 messages ago in this thread. In short, just check/select "Permissions" under "ZeroSettings/General". Then go to "Settings/Applications" and choose any application you downloaded yourself (no system app) and then scroll down to the permission section and click on any permission--this should cross-out/revoke the permission--it does nothing. It does not revoke the permission and the permission is not visibly crossed-out.

yeah, nothing happens for me either... Can anyone else test this? is there an alternate way of revoking permissions?

dpaine88

Reaction score
I am loving the speed of this ROM but I am having issues with 3G where sometimes after a call the 3G icon and signal bars will remain white instead of blue.

I eventually have to reboot to get 3G back.

Anyone else with this issue or a fix for it?

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
I am loving the speed of this ROM but I am having issues with 3G where sometimes after a call the 3G icon and signal bars will remain white instead of blue.

I eventually have to reboot to get 3G back.

Anyone else with this issue or a fix for it?

this has happened to me a few times... have you tried putting your phone in and out of airplane mode? that usually does the trick for me.

dpaine88

Reaction score
this has happened to me a few times... have you tried putting your phone in and out of airplane mode? that usually does the trick for me.

Thats a good idea, I just thought it was weird since I thought the 3G bug was fixed months ago