Currently have no data plan...do I have to wait?

LegendaryPunk

Reaction score
So right now my Droid X is sitting in a box on my front porch waiting patiently for me to get off work. However, I just thought of something - with my current phone I do not have a data plan.

So, does that mean I need to wait for my current billing cycle to end before using the phone so I don't get charged extra for data usage? Or when I activate my Droid will the new plan automatically kick in?

TheJester34

Reaction score
I believe it should automatically add it when you switch to the DX. I'd check online and see if you can add it there just in case it doesn't though

debaucher

Reaction score
If when you ordered it you selected a data plan (which you have to do to order it through verizon) then when you activate it, it will automatically switch you to your new plan with data.

You can always call verizon after/during activation to double check.

D.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Since the data plan is required, it will be added, but as mentioned before, however you ordered it the dataplan had to be selected to even place the order. If you look at your order summary you should see it on there. I also went from no data plan to using my X just last night and already cant believe I didnt do it sooner... even my wife (who is why I didnt) was having a blast with her new X.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So right now my Droid X is sitting in a box on my front porch waiting patiently for me to get off work. However, I just thought of something - with my current phone I do not have a data plan.

So, does that mean I need to wait for my current billing cycle to end before using the phone so I don't get charged extra for data usage? Or when I activate my Droid will the new plan automatically kick in?

:welcome: to the Forum. Don't be surprised when you get home if all you see is a note from Fedex saying they attempted delivery but they needed a signature. Verizon requires a signature on all their deliveries.

OP
L

LegendaryPunk

Reaction score

:welcome: to the Forum. Don't be surprised when you get home if all you see is a note from Fedex saying they attempted delivery but they needed a signature. Verizon requires a signature on all their deliveries.

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I kinda just jumped right into the forum and didn't even thinking about introducing myself.

I left a note on my door asking the FedEx person to leave the package if possible, and the tracking web-site has a note saying it was left on my front porch so I'm hoping I'm all set!

I also guess I should have clarified in my first post that when I purchased the phone on-line I did indeed select a new monthly plan; I just wasn't aware if it kicked in as soon as I got my phone or I had to wait for the current cycle to finish. Thinking about it now, the second option doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?