Crazy prediction.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Not going to mess with a leak but getting very tired of waiting on ics.

HTC seems to be the slowest of all manufacturers to update their phones.

Pretty obvious that they try to force you into buying their latest phone in order to get the most recent os.

I thought the problem was with Verizon, not HTC.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Coupe said:
I'm just going to wait on the jellybean update to get pushed out....my cousins uncle knows a guy that cleans the toilets at the local vzw store (franchise not corporate) and he says JB will be out soon!

Isn't your cousins uncle either your father or your uncle???

OP
K

Kenyon1

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Verizon trying to install a bit more bloat before released, LOL.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Does Verizon get royalties for the bloat they put into their phones?

PhDCow

Reaction score
I sucked it up and got the HTC leak on Monday. I have a horrible history with doing such things on my own (I actually caused a fire on my 1st Droid X), so I was apprehensive at best. I followed the directions exactly and ICS is up and running.

I like the little tweaks here and there. It seems like they took some features from other home launchers and made it work. I can't tell yet about the battery because I'm still in the process of tweaking all the settings. It DOES work better with Sense even though I had been told that there was a conflict.

So it's nice, but not earth-shattering, IMO. I have it now so the point is moot, but I could have waited for the OTA.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
All this talk about how much BETTER Jelly Bean is over ICS makes getting ICS almost a non event now. All the focus goes to about 6% of the phones out there. That's wrong.

vatothe0

Reaction score
The next greatest thing ever is always around the corner. If you can't live with that, you better be rich or buy a rotary phone and stay away from technology.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
The next greatest thing ever is always around the corner. If you can't live with that, you better be rich or buy a rotary phone and stay away from technology.

I can live with it and do just fine. My point was so few devices are running ICS right now and all the promotion is going to JB....with reviews on all the sites saying that it is superior to ICS. Yeah, that is the way it is but it doesn't make it right.

hydro556

Reaction score
I can live with it and do just fine. My point was so few devices are running ICS right now and all the promotion is going to JB....with reviews on all the sites saying that it is superior to ICS.Yeah, that is the way it is but it doesn't make it right .

What would make it right?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What would make it right?

skip ICS and push jelly bean in its place ;)
Btw, what comes after jelly bean? Is it Krispy Kreme?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm gonna go with Kit Kat...

I do agree with svd though. Why make something if you're only going to send it to 10% of what COULD use it just fine? Just make everybody wait with GB until ICS is perfected for multiple devices. From it's first release to it's last, every capable device should have ICS, a stable, reliable OS we can all enjoy for 2ish years while Jelly Bean is being perfected to do the same and REALLY blow our mind, not just be insane build up to minor improvements. Speculation is one thing, but the fact JB is going to be on devices possibly before we even get ICS, which was a selling point for this phone, is kinda ridiculous.

Trust me, I'm all on board with knowing the next thing is always around the corner, but a) that doesn't make it ok and b) I think that can easily still be the case with Gingerbread, yet here we are talking about Jelly Bean. Just seems unnecessary...

Escobar

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:

I do agree with svd though. Why make something if you're only going to send it to 10% of what COULD use it just fine? Just make everybody wait with GB until ICS is perfected for multiple devices. From it's first release to it's last, every capable device should have ICS, a stable, reliable OS we can all enjoy for 2ish years while Jelly Bean is being perfected to do the same and REALLY blow our mind, not just be insane build up to minor improvements. Speculation is one thing, but the fact JB is going to be on devices possibly before we even get ICS, which was a selling point for this phone, is kinda ridiculous.

Trust me, I'm all on board with knowing the next thing is always around the corner, but a) that doesn't make it ok and b) I think that can easily still be the case with Gingerbread, yet here we are talking about Jelly Bean. Just seems unnecessary...

+1 this

svdroiddude

Reaction score

Yup...very well put. JB is in fact on a tiny fraction of the phones but get's 95% of the press now. Very Elitist if you ask me. I thought Android was the anti Elitist OS. :blink:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup...very well put. JB is in fact on a tiny fraction of the phones but get's 95% of the press now. Very Elitist if you ask me. I thought Android was the anti Elitist OS. :blink:

Newer and better is always going to get the most press, not Googles fault . Fragmentation on a grand scale is being blamed on the manufacturers but, imo, is Googles fault for allowing it to happen without a word other than ICS will fix it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post