Cracked screen short-term help

Accakc

Reaction score
Hello. I just got my phone less than a week ago, and of course it decided to fall out of my pocket and crack. We just got insurance, but I have to wait a bit to make the claim. The glass is only shattered in the lower left corner, so it's not a huge problem. I am just wondering if I should put tape over it or somehow fill in the cracks until I get a new phone (to prevent the cracks from getting worse or bits of glass from cutting me). Thanks.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Hello. I just got my phone less than a week ago, and of course it decided to fall out of my pocket and crack. We just got insurance, but I have to wait a bit to make the claim. The glass is only shattered in the lower left corner, so it's not a huge problem. I am just wondering if I should put tape over it or somehow fill in the cracks until I get a new phone (to prevent the cracks from getting worse or bits of glass from cutting me). Thanks.

If its going to do it, I don't think you can stop the crack from spreading due to internal stress of the glass. Maybe a screen protector will smooth it over although it might not be pretty die to air pockets. My son's was shattered and used it for quite a while until it was replaced and was never cut.