Cracked screen

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welp, after years of being careful it finally happened, forgot my phone was on my lap and got up. Took a dive into the concrete and I feared the worst. Yup, a crack. I use the TechArmor line of screen protectors and it cracked right where it doesn't protect on the right top corner. The metal band around got pretty beat up too :(

As far as I can tell, it's just the glass itself, all the sensors work, air view on messaging app and stuff, all work. So how much am I looking at to replace it?

Considering I've done enough damage I don't really want to attempt it myself unless it's super easy.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dezy my brother did the exact same thing lol except his phone is useless. He, like me is on att, so we can get him an unlocked phone like the nexus.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope, thankfully mine is still working flawlessly, can't say the same cosmetically though.

Sometimes the lightness of these phones backfire. I swear I had it in my pocket already, then I heard thud.....thud....

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Sorry to hear - I know two friends with freak drop crack as well.

One - fully protected in Otter - landed on the only pebble face down in the lot getting out of truck.

I've launched my old iPhone 15 feet throwing coat on quick - when zipper wasn't checked -
Walk up - it's on it's back & on, with message - Sim Not recognized - Oh boy, that's panic.
Feeling desperate - I just smacked it against the truck onto bottom edge - and all was well.
It had the two piece slip on shell from each end simulated rubber carbon fiber case. Name of?

Look on-line - there are guru screen guys out there - you might get lucky.
Before I left the store with mine - I purchased the top of the line coverage - even a dent - new phone.
I just know my luck is a narrow window with this S4.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well all the local repair shops were closed already by the time I got home, so I'll be making calls tomorrow.

I just know this was one of those drops that could've been harmless had I chosen to use my case today, but since it was in a parking lot it could happen any day. So since I don't really like my current Slim Armor case as a DD case, I went ahead and ordered a Neo Hybrid case. Hopefully that'll help protect it with any drops in the future. Went a good 4yrs without a DD case and my luck finally ran out.

Just irritating because it landed right at the corner where the screen protector doesn't cover. Wish this TechArmor protector went all the way around the screen instead of that giant cutout at the top.

Lesson learned.