Busted screen, need data - help??

love.my.droid.x

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Droid Razr MAXX, I dropped it and it busted..The glass seems to be okay, it's underneath the glass, black with cracks, and I cannot see much of the screen, except where there are cracks.

I got an insurance replacement, and I really, REALLY would like to get some data off it. Pictures and videos that didn't go to the SD card, maybe bookmarks from the browser, calendar information, anything else I can salvage?

I tried hooking it to my computer, nothing shows but MotoCast.

Any ideas, any help? Anyone want to replace it and help me??

wcjeep

Reaction score
Did you have any type of mirror capability? There are a few programs that allow the laptop to access everything thru wifi. Does Motocast have this ability? Were you using Chrome? The Bookmarks are cloud stored.

OP
L

love.my.droid.x

Reaction score
I tried to mirror it through HDMI to my TV, and through the USB port on my TV. Neither worked. What else could I use?
What cloud are my bookmarks in?
I was not using Chome, but the default Browser.
I cannot tell any mirror capability with MotoCast?

OP
L

love.my.droid.x

Reaction score
2 things - There may have been an issue with HDMI, because my new replacement didn't show on the screen either... And, I know it still has some brain left, because the alarm went off this morning and my regularly scheduled time.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I use Chrome. Bookmarks are cloud stored and sync across all devices. There are 3rd party apps that allow the laptop to control the device or vice versa. Would likely have to be preinstalled. Using the insurance replacement can you bypass Motocast? I recall my DroidX always tried to use Motocast. I would bypass this to access the phone as a standard memory stick.