Cracked screen and no ins..not cool Verizon

shedroid

Reaction score
So, I had the Droid x and my adhd kicking in neglected to get insurance of course, and shattered screen. I was Ok because TB was coming out and it was calling mg name.. over the phone a nice gentleman informed me of an update on my phone anyhoo I remember this conversation when asked if I wanted insurance we both joked Duh! Yeah I want it I clumsy etc etc. Fast forward and I go to put TB in my pocket while on the move it slips, and corner of screen now has several cracks. I call Verizon I have no insurance?!?!

Ok so I do have question, one place in town quoted me $129 another $99 why the diff? Parts are $50 on eBay but I don't trust myself.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, I had the Droid x and my adhd kicking in neglected to get insurance of course, and shattered screen. I was Ok because TB was coming out and it was calling mg name.. over the phone a nice gentleman informed me of an update on my phone anyhoo I remember this conversation when asked if I wanted insurance we both joked Duh! Yeah I want it I clumsy etc etc. Fast forward and I go to put TB in my pocket while on the move it slips, and corner of screen now has several cracks. I call Verizon I have no insurance?!?!

Ok so I do have question, one place in town quoted me $129 another $99 why the diff? Parts are $50 on eBay but I don't trust myself.

If you ordered over the phone, those calls are recorded. Ask them to look up the record of the day that it was purchased, pull the recording and listen to it. If they offered you insurance and you agreed to accept it and it did not place, that is their fault not yours and you should be compensated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
If you ordered over the phone, those calls are recorded. Ask them to look up the record of the day that it was purchased, pull the recording and listen to it. If they offered you insurance and you agreed to accept it and it did not place, that is their fault not yours and you should be compensated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Who neglects to look at there bill to see what there being charged for atleast 1 time lol SMH.

nikecar

Reaction score
My first bill I always look at it and call if something is off.

kparks

Reaction score
My first bill I always look at it and call if something is off.

Yup I look at the first couple bills get about what the price is then I don't look anymore only if my price changes a lot or sumn.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Who neglects to look at there bill to see what there being charged for atleast 1 time lol SMH.

Me. It took me 6 months to notice that they didn't remove the insurance from my bill after I got a policy outside of Verizon. They did refund me for the last three months of insurance though. Stupid? Yes. Lazy? Yes. Oh well.

I have five lines on my phone and my wife has four lines on her plan. We pay a lot to VZW. I should own the company by now!

kparks

Reaction score
Me. It took me 6 months to notice that they didn't remove the insurance from my bill after I got a policy outside of Verizon. They did refund me for the last three months of insurance though. Stupid? Yes. Lazy? Yes. Oh well.

I have five lines on my phone and my wife has four lines on her plan. We pay a lot to VZW. I should own the company by now!

Lucky they refunded.. when it comes to money I'm on top of everything lol.