Couple of Rezound questions

scott craft

Reaction score
I got a Rezound yesterday and I've got a couple of questions. First, how can I make youtube play videos in full screen when in landscape mode. Every video I play has a black box around it. This sure takes away the advantage of the nice large screen. Second how can I update my prl's. On a 3G phone I dialed *228, how do I do this on a 4G phone?

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Well it seems if I play the videos in hq they use the full screen, but without hq it doesn't always play full screen.

Sent from my Rezound

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
On a 4g phone it is updated automatically.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Well it seems if I play the videos in hq they use the full screen, but without hq it doesn't always play full screen.

Sent from my Rezound
It sounds like it is simply not scaling them. So any video with less than 720p resolution will have a border.

EDIT: I tried displaying low res videos on my copy of Youtube...they are displaying full screen. There are borders at the sides, but that is an aspect ratio issue (the only way to get rid of that would be to chop off the top and bottom portion of the video). I am on the ICS leak though, so maybe this is just an issue with the GB version?

As a side note...the Youtube apps ROCKS now. I had no idea they had improved it this much. Everything is fast and fluid and the controls all work, and they even allow you to cache the entire video if you are in an area with crappy reception. Nice.

Last edited:
OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
On a 4g phone it is updated automatically.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how it worked.

It sounds like it is simply not scaling them. So any video with less than 720p resolution will have a border.

EDIT: I tried displaying low res videos on my copy of Youtube...they are displaying full screen. There are borders at the sides, but that is an aspect ratio issue (the only way to get rid of that would be to chop off the top and bottom portion of the video). I am on the ICS leak though, so maybe this is just an issue with the GB version?

As a side note...the Youtube apps ROCKS now. I had no idea they had improved it this much. Everything is fast and fluid and the controls all work, and they even allow you to cache the entire video if you are in an area with crappy reception. Nice.

Might be a gingerbread issue. The last android I had was the original droid and it never did this with youtube, but that's been a while. Either way I can deal with it. This phone is quite a step up from my old droid.