Countdown Clock to The September 1st Release Date!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Charge is a good phone. I don't see why people keep knocking it or thinking that all 4G phones are horrible and have horrible battery life when the only phone they have in mind is the Thunderbolt.

The only reason I don't have a Charge is because I've been waiting for the dual core Bionic since we first heard the names Olympus and Etna.

I think if you're going to wait for the Bionic, then wait but if you're going to complain about ___ or ___ then just go somewhere else. Sure you can compare it to the GSII but in the end, one has LTE and the other doesn't. So can all the haters, trolls, GSII fanboys please leave the Bionic forum and go somewhere else. The people that are looking forward to the Bionic or at least somewhat interested in it don't want to see all the negativity.

You don't know that the GSII won't be 4g LTE, as they've already released info that they're adding a physical keyboard to it on one carrier.

I'm sure if they're willing to completely add something like that to the phone they could make it a little wider to incorporate a 4G LTE radio.

Last I checked everyone has a right to be on a forum who abides by it's rules.

That is not true about the physical keyboard on one of the other carriers. They retracted that.. No on the LTE thing. If it comes out between now and September it will not have an LTE radio. The radio is to big for the GS2. If they put one in they will not have the slimmest phone as they said the GS2 is because the form would change and will be as thick as the other phones. 2nd gen LTE radio will be in next years line of phones. The earliest will be in December of this year. So those of you that want the GS2 with LTE be prepared to wait.. But from all I heard from contacts is it will be 3G.

So you're saying this info about the slide out keyboard, which is directly from them is a lie?

Additional AT&T SGH-I927 Samsung Galaxy SII with Slider Pics

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't know that the GSII won't be 4g LTE, as they've already released info that they're adding a physical keyboard to it on one carrier.

I'm sure if they're willing to completely add something like that to the phone they could make it a little wider to incorporate a 4G LTE radio.

That is not true about the physical keyboard on one of the other carriers. They retracted that.. No on the LTE thing. If it comes out between now and September it will not have an LTE radio. The radio is to big for the GS2. If they put one in they will not have the slimmest phone as they said the GS2 is because the form would change and will be as thick as the other phones. 2nd gen LTE radio will be in next years line of phones. The earliest will be in December of this year. So those of you that want the GS2 with LTE be prepared to wait.. But from all I heard from contacts is it will be 3G.

So you're saying this info about the slide out keyboard, which is directly from them is a lie?

In it's current form, the GSII can't have an LTE radio. I've heard that the slide out for for AT&T actually wasn't going to AT&T. And if you want a slide out Samsung 4G LTE device for Verizon, apparently one is coming out soon so you can wait on that but I doubt Verizon's variant's GSII will have LTE if they keep the current form. The Charge is a good phone in my book but to each their own.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh I hate slide out keyboards, I was just pointing out that it is true they've converted the GSII for AT&T to a slide-out keyboard version.

And if they've modified it that much for them, they could easily make it a bit thicker for Verizon to allow a 4g LTE radio to fit.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well wasn't saying it couldn't be done. I was just saying in its current form it couldn't house an LTE radio but if they are going to modify it an add a keyboard, I'm sure they could add the LTE radio too. I'm interested to see how thick this new Samsung 4G slider is going to be.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

It was a (Rumor) look at the post you sent. On Droid Life when they said that AT&T was getting a Qwerty Keyboard GS2. It was recanted. Out of all 3 providers AT&T will probably get the original GS2.

wseyller

Reaction score
The slide out keyboard phone was finally determined to be a different model all together. I read a news article on it a little while back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xerrus

Reaction score
The slide out keyboard phone was finally determined to be a different model all together. I read a news article on it a little while back.

Aye it did indeed turn out to be a completely different model, it was just using a recycled model number or something which is what lead people to believe it was AT&T's version of the GS2. That was later changed. AT&T will get a model very similar to the original make of the Euro GS2 from what we've been hearing.

sent from my Droid Charge

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

My point was that it appeared they were willing to modify the GSII for the different carriers, so I thought it was highly possible of them making it a bit thicker to accompany the 4g LTE radio.

Thanks for the clarification about the retraction.

das2042

Reaction score
2 more days before official specs are known

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
Weeeee I have all of these countdowns, and potential launch countdowns on my whiteboard at work. I change it everyday. Can't wait to see some real pics and specs!!