New link for Bionic being delayed !!!

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Those of y'all saying it isn't delayed are forgetting that this phone was originally supposed to be out 4 months ago originally.

If you want to think that the fact that motorola ditching their original hardware they were calling the Bionic for another hardware platform they want to call the Bionic lets them off the hook, that's your business, but unless you have a Bionic in hand, then it is continuing to be delayed.

So there's nothing wrong with the title of this thread.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
August 4th was never a release date... only speculation from sources that very possibly could have been made up for page hits or trolling.... only dates I've heard were 3rd quarter and summer...both of which would be satisfied with a September launch before the 23rd... so no delay, just a link for the bionics schedule release confirmation :-D

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those of y'all saying it isn't delayed are forgetting that this phone was originally supposed to be out 4 months ago originally.

If you want to think that the fact that motorola ditching their original hardware they were calling the Bionic for another hardware platform they want to call the Bionic lets them off the hook, that's your business, but unless you have a Bionic in hand, then it is continuing to be delayed.

I disagree. Moto washed their hands of the Enta and announced as such. The phone we are waiting on, the Targa, is perfectly on schedule.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
August 4th was never a release date... only speculation from sources that very possibly could have been made up for page hits or trolling.... only dates I've heard were 3rd quarter and summer...both of which would be satisfied with a September launch before the 23rd... so no delay, just a link for the bionics schedule release confirmation :-D

Aug 4th wasn't a release date, but it was supposed to be released just after CES.

Delayed. Still.

dlo-htown

Reaction score

I disagree. Moto washed their hands of the Enta and announced as such. The phone we are waiting on, the Targa, is perfectly on schedule.

Like I said, whatever helps you sleep at night... Last I looked, Moto is selling it as the Bionic, not the Targa or the Etna or whatever...

Still no Bionic = delayed.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Like I said, whatever helps you sleep at night... Last I looked, Moto is selling it at the Bionic, not the Targa or the Etna or whatever...

Still no Bionic = delayed.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

Because there is nothing there to grasp on to... the phone that was supposed to be released after CES does not exist. The phone I will be grasping in a little over a month will have been scheduled to be released at that time, if not later than that and moved up.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Because there is nothing there to grasp on to... the phone that was supposed to be released after CES does not exist. The phone I will be grasping in a little over a month will have been scheduled to be released at that time, if not later than that and moved up.

Haha! You're deluded. Sorry if I don't drink what you're drinking.

You'll be holding a BIONIC dude, as much as you try to deny that's what it is,... it WILL be a Bionic in your hands no matter what geek code name you try to give it.

And the Bionic has been delayed since Moto came out just after CES and SAID they were delaying the release of the... wait for it... BIONIC.

These silly games y'all are playing to placate yourselves are hilarious.

EFGantry

Reaction score
while i tend to agree with Trusstopher, the debate is pretty much meaningless - the phone is coming in Sept. delayed or not, that's when it will be here.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
while i tend to agree with Trusstopher, the debate is pretty much meaningless - the phone is coming in Sept. delayed or not, that's when it will be here.

The fact it has been delayed so long affects my decision to spring for it or wait a few more months for something even more killer than the Bionic.

As nice as the Bionic will be, it will be almost obsolete as soon as it hits the floor.

I am sure you've heard of the phone lineup scheduled for release around the holidays, ya?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, Etna or Targa, they chose to keep the Bionic name, which makes it delayed by months.

I also agree that they've pushed it back so far that they'll now be competing with what can be argued as more advance phones, especially screen wise.

EFGantry

Reaction score
yes. right now, the Prime is probly my leading candidate, followed closely by the Bionic, and then the GS2. exactly because the Bionic specs may not be leading the pack by the time it comes out (i think it's an exaggeration to call one of the first, if not the first, dual core LTE phones on the nation's biggest network "obsolete"), i'm gonna sit tight for a while longer and see what else hits toward the end of the year.

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Haha! You're deluded. Sorry if I don't drink what you're drinking.

You'll be holding a BIONIC dude, as much as you try to deny that's what it is,... it WILL be a Bionic in your hands no matter what geek code name you try to give it.

And the Bionic has been delayed since Moto came out just after CES and SAID they were delaying the release of the... wait for it... BIONIC.

These silly games y'all are playing to placate yourselves are hilarious.

So what I am understanding from you is that hardware and stats mean nothing to you and you just care about the name tag?

If Moto had dropped the name "bionic" with the enta and called the targa "Thundercougarfalconbird", then everything would be fine and on course at this point? What's significance do those letters really carry?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums