Countdown Clock to The September 1st Release Date!!

Reaction score
Sooooo whatever happened to BMX the Mobile Panda? At the beginning he was awesome with inside information on the Bionic. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Pretty sure he got another job and lost his close connection with insider info.

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
There is some merit to the September 1st date. That's the date kellex from droid-life has been saying for awhile. Love or hate him, he usually gets it right.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
i thought there was merit to the aug 4th date too. sign up page a few weeks before, amazon accessories pics, "coming soon" displays arriving at verizon locations, aug7th FCC docs, and so on. the 4th looked really solid to me, or atleast sometime in august.

sk102704

Reaction score
There is some merit to the September 1st date. That's the date kellex from droid-life has been saying for awhile. Love or hate him, he usually gets it right.

i thought there was merit to the aug 4th date too. sign up page a few weeks before, amazon accessories pics, "coming soon" displays arriving at verizon locations, aug7th FCC docs, and so on. the 4th looked really solid to me, or atleast sometime in august.

That's why I said some merit. When everyone was saying August 4th, kellex was saying he was hearing September 1st. I'm not saying it is coming out then, but September 1st isn't just a date pulled out of the air. There is a reason that date is being floated out there and isn't just an assumption based on Jha's statement.

droidrenegade

Reaction score
well I for one hope your right if the ist is true and they have aerelease that should mean 25 Aug prerelease:)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
August 4th did seem like a valid date. Like you said, many things were falling into place and it seemed as though everything was being slowly released, but now who knows. I don't even trust the CEO telling me September, who knows what they'll find in a months more of testing.

Hate to be debbie downer, just seems to be a trend here.

GBH2

Reaction score
August 4th did seem like a valid date. Like you said, many things were falling into place and it seemed as though everything was being slowly released, but now who knows. I don't even trust the CEO telling me September, who knows what they'll find in a months more of testing.

Hate to be debbie downer, just seems to be a trend here.

I am sure it can be disheartening, but once you follow enough of these pre-releases over the years you get a real sense about what to believe and what not to. I was very doubtful about 8/4 all along. Insiders are usually allowed to speak to stuff that is already "out there" and they were silent on 8/4. Once those pictures leaked there would have been some form of confirmation from somewhere.

I have thought it would be released in September all along because of reliable info we got a couple of months ago, although I hoped it might drop a little sooner. :)

As far as I know, there have not been any delays and it is on track to be released then. I doubt Sanjah would want to say September and be wrong at this point. Info I have garnered recently that I believe to be true: Bionic made it through Motorola testing and is now in testing by Verizon; testing by Verizon is looking good; Motorola is gearing up to ship this phone; The actual release date is now in the hands of Verizon. Take it for what it's worth. :)

densetsu86

Reaction score
There was one delay and one delay only that's when the decided to go with targa and not Etna. That's all everything else people assumed and would be journalist spouting nonsense so people will visit their site.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
at this point I'm more interested in the bionic hype than the phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just ordered my $99 Logitech revue... that should keep my mind off this thing for a month...or 4. Ill be back when either when this thing launches or they confirm some specs..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok the Bionic is not coming out the 4th. Sept 1st I am not sure. The manager at the corporate verizon store said that if it was going to be the 4th, they would have already had them. He said he knows nothing of any release date or any specs.

Now, I've been waiting for this too. But somthing has me worried, or at lease thinking, there have been so many 'changes' to the name, rumored specs etc. that I am thinking that motorola either is jerry rigging all the features to make them work right, which I wouldn't want, or they are waiting for the IPhone4 to be released. Im tempted to get the Charge, but like some said, its bulky.

One contact of mine made a good point, the charge comes with a lot of ram, making it just as, if not faster, then the bionic. I don't even know all the 'rumored' specs of the bionic, if anyone cares to fill me in.

Would you rather have more ram, or duel core? Is the bionic supposed to come with a super amoled screen? No one seems to know much about it. I remember all the hype with the droid pro which turned out to be a major let down.

I'd like to hear some feedback, if you had a droid 2 and upgrading, would you wait until God knows when for the bionic? Get the Charge or another device?

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions and oppinions...

Shadez

P.S. Also was told that there is going to be another phone released around Christmas, code named Penora or something to that effect that is supposed to blow every other phone away (Sounds Familiar Eh?) But alas, we never saw that 2 ghz phone Motorola promised would be out by last xmas... which just ads to the frustration.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to go do the Buy one get one free Droid 3 tomorrow. I've got an ebay account with 100% positive feedback, so I could easily sell the D3's for 350+ each once something else comes out, which should easily cover the off contract new phone.

I just don't trust the Bionic anymore, even with the CEO saying September, he apparently hasn't had his finger on the pulse of the company. I'm sure I'll have to eat my words when it comes out in September and it's amazing, but then I'll just sell my D3's and enjoy the Bionic, or whatever else is out.

GBH2

Reaction score
Ok the Bionic is not coming out the 4th. Sept 1st I am not sure. The manager at the corporate verizon store said that if it was going to be the 4th, they would have already had them. He said he knows nothing of any release date or any specs.

Now, I've been waiting for this too. But somthing has me worried, or at lease thinking, there have been so many 'changes' to the name, rumored specs etc. that I am thinking that motorola either is jerry rigging all the features to make them work right, which I wouldn't want, or they are waiting for the IPhone4 to be released. Im tempted to get the Charge, but like some said, its bulky.

One contact of mine made a good point, the charge comes with a lot of ram, making it just as, if not faster, then the bionic. I don't even know all the 'rumored' specs of the bionic, if anyone cares to fill me in.

Would you rather have more ram, or duel core? The Bionic will have dual-core and 1Gb DDR2 RAM. Is the bionic supposed to come with a super amoled screen? No, qHD Pentile LCD. No one seems to know much about it. We actually know quite a bit, see my link below. I remember all the hype with the droid pro which turned out to be a major let down.

I'd like to hear some feedback, if you had a droid 2 and upgrading, would you wait until God knows when for the bionic? Get the Charge or another device? I have a Droid 1, and I am waiting for the Bionic which will be released in September. When we get close to a Bionic release I will look to see what "concrete" info we have on other phones to be released soon and make a decision accordingly.

Shadez

P.S. Also was told that there is going to be another phone released around Christmas, code named Penora or something to that effect that is supposed to blow every other phone away (Sounds Familiar Eh?) But alas, we never saw that 2 ghz phone Motorola promised would be out by last xmas... which just ads to the frustration. There will always be something better just around the corner, lol.

Read the first post in this thread for what we know about Bionic: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...61010-droid-bionic-what-we-think-we-know.html

The "Dinara" is going to ATT. Verizon will be getting a version of the GS2 and is supposed to get the Nexus Prime but no one knows any real details or specs yet.

You should also follow the "news" posts here at Droidforums to stay up on whats happening. :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Would you rather have more ram, or duel core? Is the bionic supposed to come with a super amoled screen? No one seems to know much about it. I remember all the hype with the droid pro which turned out to be a major let down.

I'd like to hear some feedback, if you had a droid 2 and upgrading, would you wait until God knows when for the bionic? Get the Charge or another device?

Shadez

P.S. Also was told that there is going to be another phone released around Christmas, code named Penora or something to that effect that is supposed to blow every other phone away (Sounds Familiar Eh?) But alas, we never saw that 2 ghz phone Motorola promised would be out by last xmas... which just ads to the frustration.

Read the first post in this thread for what we know about Bionic:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...61010-droid-bionic-what-we-think-we-know.html

The "Dinara" is going to ATT. Verizon will be getting a version of the GS2 and is supposed to get the Nexus Prime but no one knows any real details or specs yet.

You should also follow the "news" posts here at Droidforums to stay up on whats happening. :)

Thanks for the reply, as a member of the news team that seems like a good idea, but as some know, I've been very ill the last year and am now back on track in a sense. Your right, I didnt read the 1st post, I just wanted to get out what I was thinking before I forgot it ... lol meds do that..