Corporate/Exchange calendar no longer syncs

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Running a stock Nexus with the stock Jelly Bean received OTA about a week after they started pushing it out.

At the time of the OS upgrade my corporate email and calendar was working fine. I don't sync my corporate contacts to the phone. I use the stock mail app for Corporate account mail.

A little over a week ago I had to change my corporate email password. I updated the password on the phone for corporate email and ever since then my corp calendar does not sync to my phone.

I've toggled the option a few times to sync the calendar...I've even rebooted the phone a couple times between turning the calendar off and turning it back on. I've also removed the Corp/ Exchange account altogether about 3 times and it still doesn't bring the calendar back. Also rebooted between removing and readding.

The mail syncs just fine...no issue with that. Its just the calendar. Any thoughts?

BDNYY23

Reaction score
I have read that if you go into your corporate account settings on the phone and make sure that it is set to Automatic (push) that it has resolved this issue for many users. If yours is already set to automatic, try changing it to manual, and then change it back. Not sure if it will work for you, but worth a shot. I have never had an issue with it on mine, though I am not on a stock version of JB.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Wow...thanks! That did it. I had it set to "Never" because I thought that was causing the Exchange service to get stuck which would then kill my battery quickly.

BDNYY23

Reaction score
Glad it worked for you, I keep my exchange sync on push and never noticed a major drain so you should be okay

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I haven't noticed the service getting stuck since the JB upgrade...I'm hoping that fixed it. On 4.0.4, it would always get stuck, take up about 70% of the battery, and the phone would be dead in a matter of hours.