v0.5 No Corporate Contacts or Calendar

EricBee

Reaction score
I cannot sync my corporate/exchange contacts or my calendar. I tried both calendars as well.

When setting up the corporate account, it seems to close just before it finishes, but I do get my e-mail. Of course, going into accounts just crashes. Is there another way to access it besides the settings menu?

Thank you.

*found a way to access the accounts, turned on contacts sync, but there is no calendar sync option.

Last edited:

Dream

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I think the Blur calendar works though.

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
Blur works in that I can see it and add things to it. However, my corporate sync account's options does not have the usual section where I can pick whether or not I want to sync calendar data with our exchange server. If I cannot get this done, I might have to revert to an old kernel and ROM.

Dream

Reaction score
I would suggest going down to v.4 if you must have it.

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
Still doesn't work in 0.4

Looks like I will be looking into going back to 2.1

bkendrick

Reaction score
Reflash. I am using corporate sync and calendar sync just fine. Trust me...I couldn't live without it.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.5

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
Hmm. I saw some others post the issue as well, and figured it was just the way it is. I SBFed it already. I had no real reason for gingerbread. I just got tired of my phone randomly rebooting after quite a few good months with Liberty 2.0 (happened with the motorola ROM too) I figured I would try something different. I will wait for a 1.0 at this point.

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
Normally I would edit, but new day, new post.

I actually stayed up and tried again. SBF>Liberty v0.1 full> v0.5 with kernel update. Same thing.

Here is where things get interesting. I SBFed this morning. Tossed on liberty 2.0.1. Added my corporate account. The calendar now shows up as a sync option, and it is checked off. I go into the calendar... its not listed like it was before all this mess started.

I am thinking its on my companies end. To make matters worse, we use Notifylink and not Exchange. Its a huge company that would not pay MS a dime if it could. Its also huge enough that getting this resolved with the people that manage notifylink might be a nightmare. I will keep updating in case someone else eventually runs into my issue.

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
Fixed. 2.0.1, and gave v0.5 another go.

In 2.0.1, there was an option that says accept all ssl certificates. This fixed the issue on 2.0.1. This is missing in v0.5 using the corporate sync setup with the blue icon. You get a different backgorund during its set up, and the option is simply not there. After completing the setup, the option to sync a calendar is not even there. There is also no option to change the incomming settings, which is where I was able to modify the accept all SSL checkbox with 2.0.1.

After picking AOSP e-mail and calendar instead of blur, I have a second icon for corporate sync. This one is black and white, and identical to the set up on 2.0.1. I set up my account, but it says the calendar is experiencing issues, and the e-mail icon never shows any e-mail. I then switch back to blur, and that option is gone. I try to create an account again using the blue icon, and it says it is already created. However, it is not in the list under accounts.

The whole accounts thing seems to be very messed up with v0.5.

I am thinking of trying a different ROM before going back to liberty 2.0.1 until vzw releases GB.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why not just use an app like Touchdown?

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
I have used it in the past and I do not particularly like it. Android was designed to handle these things on its own with out a 3rd party app, and I like it much better when these things are intergrated into the phone's OS. Its kind of dancing around the issue anyway. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Android was designed to handle these things on its own with out a 3rd party app,

So why has corporate email never worked correctly?
On any rom, stock or otherwise...

OP
E

EricBee

Reaction score
Android was designed to handle these things on its own with out a 3rd party app,

So why has corporate email never worked correctly?
On any rom, stock or otherwise...

It has for me. I got my e-mail, contacts, and calendar on all froyo based roms. Never had any issues. I also got it working on GB just fine with Zombie Stomped.